our first attempt at reusable nappies - oops! accident!

erin

Reaction score
lol, so we ordered a trial pack from Little Lamb today, washed it, tumble dried it, then tried it with Maya...

All was well, I loved it, so soft and snuggly, she looked so cute wearing it!!!

But...after an hour lol it was soaking wet! :rotfl: Her clothes too! :rotfl:

Clearly, we are doing something wrong here but what? (Do I always have to put the waterproof wrap?) :think:

Did you put on the wrap? If ot then that will be the problem, but if so then it could be a number of things. Is either the wrap or nappy to tight anywhere or gape? Do her clothes press the nappy tight as this can cause wicking. How did you wash the nappy, did you use fabric siftner as this can affect the absorbancy?

Erin, don't bother buying the full set of little lambs!!!! They have APPAULLING customer service. Eefie had outgrown his stage 1's by 6 weeks and his stage 2's by 16 weeks which are supposed to last until he's potty trained - NOT! I contacted them and they didn't give a stuff and just asked if my baby was "rotund"

And yes you have to have a wrap on all the time or wee just comes straight through lol!

Check out bamboozles or ask Minxy what is a good brand :)

We use Bamboozles (well from a company called Lollipop) and they're great! We ALWAYS use the plastic wrapper too!

erin said:
(Do I always have to put the waterproof wrap?) :think:

Sound like this is your problem, you need to use the waterproof wrap to hold back the wee :D Gets confusing because there are other types of wrap as well - fleece, wool but its basically a treated layer to stop the wet which you put over the cloth nappy.

I posted almost exactly this post / question about 17 months ago. I had the same problem, didn't realise you needed a water proof cover. I think the Little lamb trial pack should tell us really as it put me off using Real nappies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back