Our Egg Donor Journey begins.... finally. We hope!

Jezby

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Some of you may remember me, had our last IVF in Sept 2019 which failed despite achieving a "good" quality embryo after 2 round of ungradeables.

We had decided to explores options at IB in Madrid, had an online consultation back in May and all we looking good for the 3 rounds of egg donor cycle on their pregnancy guarantee scheme. After 3 thwarted attempts & god knows how much lost in flights (cheers Ryan Air) we have given up with abroad. I can't imagine doing it now with various and changeable travel restrictions, etc etc - its becoming WAY too stressful

So today we spoke to Bourn Hall about egg donor options and hope to have a consultation really soon.

So if anyone has en experiences with egg donor / Bourn Hall please please share with me. I am anxious as I am mixed race and I think we might struggle to find a donor....

Love to you all, stay safe

J xx

Hello i looked at bourne hall for treatment heard great reviews but also bad reviews. Their pricing strategy was not very inclusive. We have gone with simply fertility instead - but not for the same treatment as you. Good luck

Hello i looked at bourne hall for treatment heard great reviews but also bad reviews. Their pricing strategy was not very inclusive. We have gone with simply fertility instead - but not for the same treatment as you. Good luck

Thank you Maza - I also had seen the same slightly mixed reviews, & agree about the pricing too. Just feel like egg donor options are a little bit more limited in the UK.

Are you having IVF? good luck! x

Im having ovulation induction at the moment (well start next month) i have pcos! Simply do good online webinars to see what they do and they offer money off if u book through that xx

Oh I’ve literally just replied to your inbox message. I wish I see this beforehand.
I’m sorry you still haven’t got your little miracle but I have ever faith that you will.
We was going to go with bourne hall for ivf. Customer service was pretty good the times I did speak to them. Praying for you xx

I am sorry you are not happy with Spanish clinic. I wish you all the best with your new docs

I remember reading your story from you last IVF, as it was only a couple of months before my second go of ICSI. I’m sorry you can’t go ahead with the clinic in Spain, hopefully you get your consultation booked soon with Bourne Hall. Keep us updated! It would be lovely to hear a happy ending from you.

Hi everyone,

A little update from me - we end up going with the London Women’s Clinic. Bourne Hall only uses eggs donated through other women going through IVF. I am half West Indian so this wasn’t the best option for us and also .. if they are going through IVF you have to wonder about their egg quality etc

the LWC use the London Egg Bank - 100’s of frozen donors a over the world.

I am 6dp5dt with a 4AA embryo and this morning .. this happened!!

A flipping BFP for the 1st time in 4.5 years .....

B7F8AFB6-B941-43B4-88A0-910889AD01D1.jpeg

.. I know it’s a squinted - I promise it’s better in rl

What lovely news to read. I’m so happy for you!! Congratulations. Will you do another test tomorrow? When’s the official testing date?

Thanks lovelies !!! Xx

I did Boots early test this evening and a slightly stronger pink line - it’s still faint tho. I think I’ll do it again Thursday morning. OTD is Monday!!

This is the Boots earlier test I look this evening. It’s faint but it is defo pink!!

489F98C1-CB25-49E6-9FDB-67F98796C23D.jpeg

Congratulations!!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xxx

Thank you so much everyone !

I’ve tested again this morning (well many times let’s be honest !!) my lines aren’t getting any darker ? Should I be worried ? I’m now 8.5dp5dt ... I feel like I should be getting a stronger line by now. The only bfp I’ve ever had ended in a mc so I’m super paranoid at the mo :(

I’m afraid I don’t have any advice on line progression - any time I tested early either when trying naturally or ivf I had BFNs anyway so never had to worry about it. If your OTD is Monday then I’m guessing it’s just really early days. I’d like to say not to worry about it and try not to test too much until OTD, but I know that’s much easier said then done. To be fair, if I were in your place - I wouldn’t take that advice either ;)

you can definitely see a positive in both the pictures you’ve taken, try and hold out another day or so before taking another test though. I’m sure it will get darker for you. I’ll keep my fingers crossed - always excited to hear a long termer get their BFP!!

So much agonising over the detail in this process!!

I guess I’m the equivalent of 13dpo so I guess I’ll just try and stay positive and hope this little bean will stick.

I see you have twins due !!!?? Wowser !! How are you feeling ? Xx

I know, the two week wait is horrible. The 3 week wait afterward to have the 7 week scan was worse though! The first trimester overall is just agonising.

I’m doing ok thank you. I was sick a lot, not enough to be classed as ‘bad’, I could keep food down by the end of the day, but the nausea and dizziness was hard to deal with. Thankfully I’m working from home at the moment because of Covid, I honestly don’t know how I would have been able to be in the office full time.

I’m about 15 weeks now and I’m starting to feel better and being sick less. It was lovely hearing that both my embryos made it, but having twins is so daunting. My husband and I have just been trying to research twin parenting as much as possible so we can be prepared!! It’s still a shock though, my first 2 IVFs were a bit of a disaster because my embryo quality was so poor, I still can’t get over that it’s worked this time around - I feel so lucky and grateful that this has happened to us.

do you think you’ll test again before Monday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back