Our Egg Donor Journey begins.... finally. We hope!

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by Jezby, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Jezby

Jezby Well-Known Member

Hey Ladies,

Some of you may remember me, had our last IVF in Sept 2019 which failed despite achieving a "good" quality embryo after 2 round of ungradeables.

We had decided to explores options at IB in Madrid, had an online consultation back in May and all we looking good for the 3 rounds of egg donor cycle on their pregnancy guarantee scheme. After 3 thwarted attempts & god knows how much lost in flights (cheers Ryan Air) we have given up with abroad. I can't imagine doing it now with various and changeable travel restrictions, etc etc - its becoming WAY too stressful

So today we spoke to Bourn Hall about egg donor options and hope to have a consultation really soon.

So if anyone has en experiences with egg donor / Bourn Hall please please share with me. I am anxious as I am mixed race and I think we might struggle to find a donor....

Love to you all, stay safe

J xx

2. Maza1993

Maza1993 Well-Known Member

Hello i looked at bourne hall for treatment heard great reviews but also bad reviews. Their pricing strategy was not very inclusive. We have gone with simply fertility instead - but not for the same treatment as you. Good luck

Jezby likes this.
  3. Jezby

Jezby Well-Known Member

Thank you Maza - I also had seen the same slightly mixed reviews, & agree about the pricing too. Just feel like egg donor options are a little bit more limited in the UK.

Are you having IVF? good luck! x

4. Maza1993

Maza1993 Well-Known Member

Im having ovulation induction at the moment (well start next month) i have pcos! Simply do good online webinars to see what they do and they offer money off if u book through that xx

Jezby likes this.
  5. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Oh I’ve literally just replied to your inbox message. I wish I see this beforehand.
    I’m sorry you still haven’t got your little miracle but I have ever faith that you will.
    We was going to go with bourne hall for ivf. Customer service was pretty good the times I did speak to them. Praying for you xx

Jezby likes this.
  6. miamia

miamia Well-Known Member

I am sorry you are not happy with Spanish clinic. I wish you all the best with your new docs

Jezby likes this.
  7. CDK500

CDK500 Well-Known Member

I remember reading your story from you last IVF, as it was only a couple of months before my second go of ICSI. I’m sorry you can’t go ahead with the clinic in Spain, hopefully you get your consultation booked soon with Bourne Hall. Keep us updated! It would be lovely to hear a happy ending from you.