Ouch

Geekachublog

Reaction score
Since last night I've been having horrible stomach pain, it's like a cramping pain but kinda like the pain you get when you're constipated, however I've been to the loo this morning so it's not that..

I just got back into bed and lay down flat and as I was lying back I was in agony, when I'm lying down it doesn't hurt too much, but when I move that's when it's worse.

Is it probably round ligament pain? Am I worrying over nothing?

If it's really unbearable I'd give your midwife a ring just to put your mind at rest. How long does the pain last for? Does it come and go or is it constant? xxx

Last edited:
It's pretty constant, but only a very light pain, but when I move around or like I say when I lay back the pain gets worse.
When I'm lying down it feels a lot like I've probably got trapped wind, but nothing happens so I've been moving around to see if anything does happen.

So, the cramp has eased off but I have dull pain at the top of my vagina/lower back, so I've a feeling I am still a bit constipated or have trapped wind.

Will call midwife later if it gets bad again :)

I was in agony with a water infection that I thought was trapped wind. Get yourself checked hun xx

Thanks, the pain has eased off a bit, it's right in the centre of my stomach, so if it picks back up again I'll definitely be taking myself off to see someone :)

I've been getting a lot of pain (especially in the evenings) that sounds exactly like yours. My midwife isn't concerned, did a few checks and it's just round ligament pain. Hella uncomfortable though! I just go to bed when it starts :) hope you feel better soon xx

Being in bed made it worse for me last night, I was doubled over last night. Went to walk in to get urine dipped, no infection, MAU say they're not busy so told me to pop up so they can listen in to baby to make sure everything is ok, heading up there now.

I had this exact thing on Monday night, didn't know what to do with myself, it felt like someone was stabbing me when I tried to move, but was easier when still. I was pretty sure it was wind but like you wasn't trumping or pooing (sorry tmi). I very nearly went to A&E but because I was fairly sure it was wind I was too embarrassed to go. I phoned my midwife in the morning and she wasn't concerned, thought it was wind. The following day I was letting off and burping left right and centre, so pretty sure our diagnosis was correct. Hopefully your pain is just the same! Touch wood I haven't had it since. Hope everything was ok at your check up x

Last edited:
Mine wasn't wind, which in a way I'm thankful for, because I'd have felt like a real idiot going to the hospital.

I went to MAU, they did my obs and a water sample, got to hear baby's heartbeat again which was awesome/reassuring.

The doctor also examined me (down there).

They've sent away a swab to be certain there's nothing untoward... But I've been told that I'm dehydrated but I need to up my fluid levels so I don't get admitted to hospital and that the pains I'm having are normal stretching/ligament pains, seems baby is having a growth spurt (which is very uncomfortable)

I've also been told I could be starting with very early stages of SPD so I need to mention it to my midwife so they can get me referred sooner rather than later :)

So, I feel kind of like it was worth me going in, I feel relieved that my pain is absolutely normal and I can take painkillers too (which I wasn't doing because I didn't know if I could). :)

Glad you feel better! It's always nice to be taken notice of xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back