OT but 19th August can't come quick enough!

lozzle

Reaction score
Anyone else with me here with children at or just starting school???

My DD is due to start primary school in a few weeks and my god is she being a little terror! When she was going to pre school it was only for 2 and 1/2 hours but it seemed to burn her energy! At the minute she can play outside all day, I'll play games with her, bake, colour whatever she wants and she goes to bed at 8 with a DVD on for around 1/2 hour to 1 hour, now when she was at pre school she would fall asleep around 10 mins after being put to bed well not at the minute! She's up and down and running around until I have to switch her DVD off to get her to stay in bed! Not to mention her attitude at the minute( although this i believe is more to do with when she goes to her dads on a weekend as they let her away with everything so when she comes home she doesnt listen to me and back chats , not to mention im trying to get her dry through the night so i put her to bed with no pull ups just a huggies bed mat and when shes here 9 times out of ten shes dry then she will go stay with her dad and his OH abd they put nappies on her so the next few nights after shes home shes soaking till i get her back in the routine!)and hungry all the time!

Anyway my main point was I can't wait till she's back to school and hopefully can get back into her pre holiday routine!

Haha she sounds like she is keeping you on your toes. Could it be a transition to school thing??? I work in school and they look alot into transition I think sometimes too much as I think we have sent a load of reception kiss into year 1 panicking cause all we've done for a month is say 'there's nothing to worry about' I personally think of they had been left alone they would have taken it in their stride haha ... But it's worth thinking about does she know she is never going to preschool again is she missing it or her friends??? And I have seen OT on a few threads what does it mean? Xx

Last edited:
Sounds fun! Her dad should be following the same routine though otherwise her mind will be all over the place. My step son is like this, he lives with us but after being at his mams he has attitude, doesn't do his normal daily chores like make his bed and wash his dish, I have to tell him to get washed and brush his teeth etc when normally he does it without getting told. Oh and eating with his mouth open! We've been at him for years for this and he seems like he's got it until he comes back from there and he chomps away like a horse! Grrrr!

Blanco-OT off topic :) she's very excited to be starting at the primary and I think she's ready for it. I think she does miss pre school but I also think being at home all day has no structure like school :-/

As for the situation with her dad I've already explained this but as it turns out his OH can't be bothered washing sheets if she has an accident as she shares with her half sister, personally I think she should have her own bed there considering she stays the whole weekend every pther week :-/ it's frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back