Orgasm in TWW - will it lower our chances?

broody2013

Reaction score
I was just wondering if female O during TWW had any adverse impact on possibility of conception?

I feel like it's a silly question but I'm on my 19th month of TTC now and I am desperate to do the best to increase our chance of getting pregnant.

I don't kno but it's a good question, I hadn't thought about it before. I hope it doesn't ahaha! x

Apparently when a woman orgasms your body has sort of 'spasms' (not sure what to call them lol) this helps the sperm move up towards the egg. You can get pregnant without an orgasm though. X

It's called the up suck theory. Have a read on Google. It's only a theory but it makes sense to me. Think about what your body does when you orgasm. Your muscles tighten and will push the sperm up xx

Thank you. It was just a worry of mine that any contractions from O during TWW could adversely affect conception chances. Hopefully that's not the case though.

I'm starting to think o is important. Some girls do it after dtd to make sure sperm gets sucked in.

I'd use pre-seed or conceive plus to make it easier for sperm to get to cervix x

I don't think it will harm your chances. It's natural and we're evolved to help increase our chances of procreating not decrease them. I wouldn't worry about it :)

Once the egg had implanted it wouldn't be an issue and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened before the egg implanted if it just helped it find somewhere to implant

I agree with Donna. I actually think it's helpful for TTC but not essential for those ladies worrying if they don't orgasm often X

I tried this theory last month and I think it may of helped me concived? ! I had a Orgasm after DTD every time in my fertile period so every day for a week...that's a lot of O's; )
Hope it works for you Broody , can't wait to see your Bfp hun

xxxxxx

I have to say I have heard conflicting things on this, I've been told to not orgasm because it can push the sperm out?! Then I've heard that O'ing helps draw sperm in? All I can say from personal experience is that when I got pregnant with dd and this pregnancy now I O'ed each time during sex. I agree with Donna tbh xx

I would go with Os helping ttc as its a natural body contraction that pulls in the sperm.

I O everytime, so not sure whether it assisted loads...

Good luck.

xxxx

I tried both theories over two months and neither gave us a bfp. Obviously that is a pretty short trial so no idea if we stuck to one theory for a longer time if that would show different results. My gut feeling is it can't have an impact either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back