Ordered a Doppler

Geekachublog

Reaction score
I've decided now is the time to order a Doppler, after my squeaky bum time over the weekend, I want to be able to check once a week to reassure myself.
I'm 21 weeks now, so I think it's sensible :) I've not wanted one up until now.

Thoughts?

I have one, bought it ready for 14wks as that's when meant to be able to hear it but never managed to find it, after mw said placenta was anterior, I'm not waiting until after scan on fri before trying again. I still think they're a great idea but just try not to panic if you don't find it straight away. Though I sure you'll have no problems. Xx

I've got anterior placenta and found it at 14 weeks so I reckon you'll be fine :)

I'm not panicking, my midwife and midwife at the hospital both found it instantly, so I just want it for peace of mind.

Hubby thinks I'll have it out all the time, but I intend to just do it once a week, also to help me bond with baby too and so hubby gets to join in too :)

i think they are great :) i havent used mine in weeks as my movement has been constant but definately keeping it for reassurance xxx

I'm not a fan of them as I think they can make you worry unnecessarily and falsely reassure. It's entirely up to you though. I can see the appeal when you're not feeling any movement though - I booked in to see my midwife last week just so she could check the baby's heartbeat.

I don't see my midwife for another month :)

I've thought exactly the same as you up until now, it's only for peace of mind for me. I was umming and ahhing to be honest but Ive ordered it now, I can just send it back :)

I'm not saying I wouldn't give it a go if someone happened to put a doppler next to me... lol!!! :)

Hahaha, I've told hubby if I start going overboard he can give it away.

I think they're great too as long as you can keep your anxieties in check. I've had mine since around the 12 week stage (I wanted to do something special for the OH) but couldn't find it til around the 15 week but ever since then it's been relatively easy to find. So I think as long as you wouldn't worry yourself if the bub's is hiding from you, go for it! :) x

They're good chick :) some people say that you can get Obsessed but surprisingly I didn't, just once or twice a day is nice to keep things going!:)xxx

Last edited:
I've had one since before my 12 week scan and or managed to find it everytime.

I've only used it once in the last 3 weeks though. Now I can feel him moving i don't feel the need to reassure myself so much?

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11
Baby Boy due 17th Dec 2013

I don't agree with them personally. If you can't find it you will worry, what if you pick up the HB too fast or too slow? Do you know what you are listening for as MW listen to variability, accelerations and decelerations and the baseline rate. The MW won't check you or be impressed if you say you have a home doppler and found XYZ. I knew of a mum who had reduced movement listened in picked up her own hb which was high due to infection was satisfied didn't seek mw advice and the baby had demised, so I don't like them. They shouldn't take the place of getting to know baby's movements/pattern etc. That is the best sign of baby's well being.

I agree 100% with you, I've not been sold before now, to be honest I think I just want it until I start feeling movement (and was just as cheap as renting one) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back