Oral thrush at 6.5 months??

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by CARNAT22, Jun 2, 2013.

1. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

I thought only newborns got it (James had it and it was a beast to get rid of)

I am sure he has it again?

I will book an GP appointment tomorrow and get the stuff that cleared it up last time but I am wondering if it's one of those reoccurring things thta is always in the system.

I sterlise all his bottles after each use and dummies every day, the Dr said that is fine (no need to replace them after having OT). I also keep his toys / highchair clean.

xxxxxxxxx

#1 CARNAT22, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  2. HopesDreams

HopesDreams Well-Known Member

Older kids can get it too. I have had toddlers in my care with it. Hope he's not too uncomfortable with it. x

3. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

It's only the smallest amount and he is fine. He had it quite badly before and it didn't stop the greedy little monster from feeding :lol:

NHS website says it can clear up itself and Dr's only see bub if it's prolonged or prevents baby feeding but I want to take him in tomorrow as to not let it get any worse??

James is like me LOL, we never get conventional 'illnesses' - just weird things (I am currently hobbling around with a gammy foot!)

xxxxxxxx

#3 CARNAT22, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  4. HopesDreams

HopesDreams Well-Known Member

It would take a lot to stop me feeding too! :)