Options for coparenting

Kayjenk74

Reaction score
My fiancé and I decided to give our relationship a committed chance 4 years ago for the second time. He proposed after 2 of those years. The main concern I had for him was his heavy drinking but he got help and stopped drinking and we were much better and right after a woman showed me proof of him cheating on and off with someone the whole 4 years so I found an apartment and moved. In the midst of moving I found out I was pregnant…he still comes by sometimes as I try to be open minded about reconciling since he chose a sober life and seemed remorseful about the cheating. By the way, he had cut the relation off with that woman so that is how I found out. I feel like he hasn’t been that supportive emotionally with repairing his damages and with me being pregnant. That’s a lot to take on and as of last night his friend called me and he was pissy drunk and very rude last night. I feel like that was it for me. I’m already emotional with this unexpected pregnancy, healing from the past alcohol occurrences, the new found affair and now him relapsing. I haven’t even had an appt with my dr yet so I’m very stressed. I want to enjoy my pregnancy. If I had it my way I would move on with never seeing or speaking to him again but I don’t look at him as a bad father. He has helped with my two from a previous relationship when I was younger and this would be his first. Any encouraging or blunt advice is needed and coparenting options that can keep me from being damaged any further while also giving him his rights as dad. If it weren’t for the baby I would totally ghost him but I don’t want to get rid of my baby but I feel guilty for what I may be bringing the child into as well. Please help.

Sorry hun, I don't have any advice but just wanted to wish you luck with your pregnancy.
A child will always be happier in a healthy one-parent relationship than one where the parents fight constantly. Don't take your ex back because you think he will bring something extra to your baby's life. An ex is an ex for a reason.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back