OPK's always negative

Discussion in 'OPK Testing Gallery' started by sareiah29, Feb 7, 2012.

1. sareiah29

sareiah29 Active Member

Hi girls, I am new to OPK testing this month, also been charting BBT and mucus. Started doing OPK 3 times a day (10 am, 2pm and 7pm) withh cheap dip stick test from day 10 and also started using a clear blue digi from day 14. I am now on day 19 and none of the tests have given me a positive result. I have had faint lines on the cheap tests but nothing as dark as the control line. I have had EWCM for the past 3 days, most today and also saw a 0.23 temp drop on day 18 and a 0.3 rise today, though not above coverline. I am now totally confused whether I have ovulated yet or not. Last month I had a 29 day cycle and I think I OV on day 16. Has anyone else had such issues with OPK tests? Thanks for any help x

2. babyfever

babyfever Well-Known Member

I'm not much help, because I am new to opk's as well. I use the clear blue digital OPK and I have yet to get my happy face which is an idicator that I am oving. But my body is telling me I am oving..I have all the symptoms clear stretchy cm, mild twinges on my left side(ovary area) so I have to go with what my body is telling me and not my opk. I don't do the bbt or much charting..I just pay close attention to what my body "says" We are bd-ing just incase......

3. itisbabytime

itisbabytime Well-Known Member

have u got a link to your chart?

4. jodie34

jodie34 Well-Known Member

Hi hun , I'm so glad you posted this question I'm new to opks this month been poas 3x a day same times as u since cd9 started gettin very faint lines on cd 10 got slighty darker on cd12 but no where near as dark as the control line , I'm only usin opks so I'm relying on them but now I'm soo dam confused as to whether I have actually ov'd or not I hope someone can help us both xx

5. sareiah29

sareiah29 Active Member

Sorry for late reply! Yeah, here is a link to my chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3b1e5e/

I am now on CD23 and have still not received a positive OPK (only blank or faint lines) or had a temp rise on BBT but have had EWCM, though not for last two days. I have no idea what my body is doing.

@Jodie - have you had any luck with your OPK's since? How long is your cycle as CD12 is still early to see positive OPK I think.

Thanks everyone x

6. itisbabytime

itisbabytime Well-Known Member

hi. definately no ovulation as yet.dont panic though. keep going with the opks and bd every 2-3 days until your tests start looking closer to positive. how long are your cycles normally? hve you recently come of any birth control?

7. jodie34

jodie34 Well-Known Member

Hiya , yep got stronger lines on cd12 in the evening then on cd13 stronge still r and cd14 pm they got fainter again xx

8. sareiah29

sareiah29 Active Member

Thanks :). Well temp has gone up today to 36.1, the above link should have now refreshed. Towards the middle/end of last week I did get slightly stronger lines on the OPK tests but for the last 3 days threse have become faint to non existent again. Is it possible that I OV after the temp drop to 36.2 and that my temp is slowly rising rather than suddenly? I'm all new to this charting, so I would be interested to hear how you concluded that I haven't OV yet :). X

9. greekgirl84

greekgirl84 Well-Known Member

I have never had a
    Positive opk. So went docs and had a blood test showing I ovulate fine. Doc said so many women dot get positive opk but ovulate fine. So
    Don't stress x