OPK Tests - what's the difference between a faint line and no line?

Belfa

Reaction score
Hi

Another potential newbie question, sorry:blush:

I ordered a bag of the strips off Amazon and have been using them over the weekend. Friday I got a faint line, Saturday I got the control line only and on Sunday I got the faint line again.

I know that these are all negative but why do you get a line sometimes and not other times? I've seen evap mentioned - is that what happens to no lines?

I was rubbish at science at school so, true to form, I was probably not testing with a "controlled" substance i.e. I pee'd at the same time but when I got the no line I had left it "to get to room temperature" for a wee (lol) bit too long so I'm not sure if that affects them?

Many thanks and I'm sorry if that question has been asked a million times before!

it detects LH in your system - and at all times you have varying amount of it - hence why sometimes you may get a faint line and others nothing at all! also depends how dilute or concentrate your urine is....

just before you are about to ovulate the LH levels rise dramatically (surge) and this is when your test lines will either go progressively darker or suddenly they will be the same as the control line or even darker than it. You should then ovulated 12-36 hours after this surge starts......testing twice a day is recommended so that you do not miss your surge as it can last less than a day :)

Ah thank you!

I didn't know that sometimes it wouldn't show up in your sample, I thought there was either something wrong meaning I wasn't producing it or I had not tested correctly etc!

Tonights strip didn't come up with anything at all, it didn't seem to absorb anything so I guess it was defective?

yes, if no lines at all then it is a invalid test.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back