OPK tests or not??!!

rachelb

Reaction score
I don't know whether to use them or not.
Can't afford the top branded ones like CB.
But I don't want to be disappointed at the end of the month if we dont have a bfp.
Or do I just leave it and let nature take its course??
AGGGGGHHHHHH :wall2:

That's up to you. I don't think there's anything wrong with the cheapie opk's. have you considered temping? I paid just over £12 for a basal thermometer off amazon and then I use fertility friend to help me chart. My theory was that while it couldn't tell me when I was surging, on the months I couldn't afford opk's I'd just dtd every other day and wait for my temp to confirm ov. It might sound silly but it's my back up so when money is tight I still feel like I'm tracking things. x

Hi Rachel!

It's so difficult isn't it! I'm waiting for AF then this will be our first cycle ttc. I've bought cheap ovulation tests from eBay so have got 30. My cycle, im guessing is irregular so I'm going to test between day ten and twenty I think. I've seen the cb ones but can't afford them either...mayve nrxt month if no bfp and I'm confused about cycle. Do they say if you have sex every other day that should work?! So really I'm presuming It's good tovknow when ovulation is just about to start to have extra sex then?

Wishing you lots of luck and I hope to join you in the July thread soon! xx

Coz how does the whole temping thing work?
xx

Hi Vic, think they normally say every day or every other day to BD around about the time that you would ovulate. There are things you can look out for such as a change in cm and other little symptoms. Think me and hubby will just have to go BD mad and hope that we get a bfp this month. Then might try the whole opk next month if it doesn't happen. xxxx

You take your temp as soon as wake up in the morning, before you get out of bed or move. Once you've ovulated your temp goes up and usually stays up untill af which is why it's good for confirming ov. I use fertility friend for the charting because I'd be useless at spotting the pattern. Because I have to get up at 6:30 weekday I've set my alarm for this time at weekends too so my temp is taken at the same time everyday. I got a thermometer with a memory so I can go back to sleep afterwards and chart it later lol.

Thanks Rachel. Tried to see what the cm was like - tmi lol and it was there for three days about two weeks ago so hoping AF soon! Had miscarriage (unplanned pregnancy) in may which is why this will be first cycle. fingers crossed for us all! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back