opk question

Bellarina

Reaction score
Hi girls

Once youve ov'd....if u continue to do opks does the test line disappear?

thanks xxxxx

Mine stayed red all through until AF came
Fx for you xxxxxx

ah right, thanks hun. so it may be that i have ovd and still getting a line

thanks for replying hun xxx

your body always has Lh hormone in it so totally normal to have a second line (generayl faint) the rest of the cycle. if you get positives or almost positives for the majority of your cycle is can mean PCOS.

Mine disappeared after Ov - although I never got a super strong line to begin with!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
well here are some pics...one is my opks today...and the other is the opk from today and yesterday...yesterdays wer darker and todays have gone lighter, argh

xxxxx

Attachments

• 2012-02-06 18.14.33.jpg
    2012-02-06 18.14.33.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 2012-02-06 18.16.28.jpg
    2012-02-06 18.16.28.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 16
The second one of yesterday is certainly positive... but, yeah, as you noticed, it is not positive anymore. Hope you BDed on time, hun! :dust:

i really hope it is my positive yesterday hun
I bd'd saturday monring, and lastnight, and will prob bd tonight too

fx iv ov'd il be gutted if i have an underlying prob that wont be picked up until iv been ttc for a yr (on nearly 7 months nw)

xxxx

Hi girls

Once youve ov'd....if u continue to do opks does the test line disappear?

thanks xxxxx

I was going to ask the same question!!
how long is your cycle? Jyst asking because you got a positive a cd17. According to the fertility doc i saw, we are supposed to ov. Approx. 14 days before the next af...i am trying to figure out where i am too! I can't post my opk of today but i think irs a neg, although not far off...but ut was like this yesterday too, so have i ov or not???? Argh, this drives me crazy:wall2:
mel x

Mel, the reason you'd ovulate 14 days before AF is because a woman's luteal phase is usually 14 days so doctors tend to count backward to determine ovulation. But there are women who have shorter luteal phases which means they could ovulate later. :)

What cycle day are you on now Mel? x

Bellarina - What time of day are you testing?

x x

I always have a line, I once used opks from cd1 to cd35(af) and there was a line every day xx

I always have a line, I once used opks from cd1 to cd35(af) and there was a line every day xx

Ditto. I tried this on one of my 60 something day cycles and I got a good line every day too.

x x

the dc 17 defo looks like a possitive thats how mine always looks usualy on cd 13-14 but then next day is way lighter but i never get a darker line than the test one i use the cheapies off ebay i may get a better one this month see how that goes x

There's actually quite a few people who say they never got a darker than control line positive on the ebay cheapie strips. Just go by your darkest ov test. :)

x x

Mel, the reason you'd ovulate 14 days before AF is because a woman's luteal phase is usually 14 days so doctors tend to count backward to determine ovulation. But there are women who have shorter luteal phases which means they could ovulate later. :)

What cycle day are you on now Mel? x

x x

Thanks for that. I'm on day 20 of a 32 days cycle. I think i got a darker line yesterday so going by that i would have ov at day 19. Seems feasable, right?
another strange thing though, i haven't had much ewcm ghis ctcle. Usually i have it for a good week or so...maybe i simply haven't oved this cycle...?

Thanks girls you are always so knowledgeable! Pf is still the great place i used to be on, 7 years ago when i gor preggers with my Maheen

x x

Hey hun, with the digis i was only testing once a day at roughly 3pm/4pm...started asda opks on sunday (my cd 17) and did first one at 4:30ish....did 2nd one at 9pm (which was my darkest)...then yesterday did opks at like 2:30 and 6:30
Its hard having to do them around work etc

Im defo assuming my cd 17 is it tho as today my cervix has changed meaning i must be in my 2ww now
xxxx

Oh right ok well if you know that your cervix position changing would indicate post ovulation, then go by that. :)

x x

yeh itsbeen soft, high, open and wet (sorry that word just sounds a bit gross in this context lol) for a few days now and today its done the opposite lol so i guess ur body is best thing to follow if in doubt lol

xxxx

yeh itsbeen soft, high, open and wet (sorry that word just sounds a bit gross in this context lol) for a few days now and today its done the opposite lol so i guess ur body is best thing to follow if in doubt lol

xxxx

You sound super expert :)
we are only 4 days apart i think for af due date, fx for this cycle!

Na not an expert hun u just become more intune with ur body wen ur ttc lol

ooo wel b in the 2ww together then. Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back