OPk positive for 5 days...1 week before AF due

chanci

Reaction score
I've been using opk and have gotten 5 positives in a row. I am now 1 week from AF. Im confused to when I ovulated or if I have yet? Should we keep trying or is it too late being so close to my period?

You can get a positive opk if your pregnant you know. The Lh surge that a opk picks is up is almost identical to hcg pregnancy hormone. If your pregnant a opk will stay dark positive. There is also a number of reasons why a ovulation test can stay positive, either because you are pg! or because you aint ovulated yet & your ovarys are gearing up & trying to ovulate but not quite ovulated yet. Or people with pcos will always get a positive ovulation test. If you dont suffer with pcos then i would try a pg test maybe a test early one & see if its bfp if its not then keep bedding. Goodluck.

Thank you for your responce! I took a pregnancy test and BFN. So I went to the store and bought another brand of opk and the results were negative. Weird! I felt ovulation pain during the first positive opk. How am I suppose to know when I ovulated? Should I go off the 1st positive or the last? I am now 7 days away from my expected period. This is my 3 month TTC. This is still all so confusing to me!

You're due on in a week?? If so, I'd stop testing and try again when AF is due but use a HPT. Are your cycles regular?

x

what brand of opk's did you use hun? have you recently come off a contraceptive pill?

i agree i would maybe stop the opk's if u are due ur period in a week, and if no af do preg test xx

I was using CVS brand OPK. I kept taking them just to see how long it would be positive. lol Now I'm obsessing over the wait till AF shows or hopefully doesn't show.

I would go by your last positive opk, cause your ovarys may of been gearing up to ovulate but never quite done it & sounds like you have ovulated now cause its negative, if you had intercourse around that time then i wouldnt use any more opks & test with another hpt in a weeks time or wait to see if if Af does arrive if she dont then get a hpt. Goodluck hun X

Thanks for your input! Yesterday I felt twinges in my lower right area. Today, my boobs are tingling! I'll keep you posted:)

i was just about to post about this too! i have also been getting+opk's for 5 days now on tesco opk's and ic opk's im cd 21 and due af next weds (26th) i normally ov around cd13/14 and swore i wasnt going to test with opks this month to try and keep it more relaxed :roll: well after no sign of ewcm until cd17 i decided to test and have had pos opk's ever since on tow different brands!!!!!!!!

misspink...do you ever feel Ovulation pains? I felt them the first day of opk positive. Im due for AF on the 21st and I am a poas addict. All BFN as expected but it eases my mind for the day. I just don't know when I ovulated so it makes it difficult as you know!

sometimes i do, sometimes i dont. i have noticed today the odd twinge in my womb and throbbing boobs/chest area...almost as if someone is squeezing me? even hurt when i took a deep breathe in?? af due date is exactly one week away soi highly doubt i have ov'd this late in my cycle. have ordered some cheapy hpt's, a digi and fr off ebay so as soon as they arrive the poas will commence!!

I sometimes feel twinges in my boobs. That gives me hope! ha
Update for the last few days: I've been staying busy while away at a wedding. The only new symptom I have is zits! I never get acne and I have 3 zits! My period was due yesterday and I have been poas everyday with all BFN :( Today it wasn't FMU so I will test again in the morning!

It could be that you did ovulate late - as someone else said your body may have been gearing up to ovulate and did just before you started getting negatives again, so AF could be due later than you expected. I'd wait a few more days and test again (at least 10 days from last positive). Good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back