OPK HELPPPPP

Sophia steed

Reaction score
So my husband and I planned to start trying to conceive this cycle. My last two cycles were 35 days. Last money, I got a positive OPK on day 22. I planned to begin testing for ovulation this cycle around day 12 as I expected to get a positive ovulation around day 22 like last month (I’ve always had long cycles). I tested on day 12 and then on day 14 but got a close to positive. As I test on, it seems to get lighter so I’m wondering if I ovulated early??? Does this look positive to you? What is another reason the line would be darker? Or I may have had the positive on day 13 but did not test that day. We baby danced on day 14....should I still have hope or did I miss it?

A283E86B-F622-44E4-B57B-B10A13EB1F3A.png

Last edited:
Keep testing twice a day none of those tests from your second round look positive to me.
Keep an eye on your CM as well watery and/or egg white indicates your body gearing up for ovulation, add that to your testing and you should know for sure. Hitting a positive on a test gives you an indication that you have a LH surge where ovulation occurs on average 12-36 hours later this obviously varies from woman to woman so it’s always best to have sex over the course of a few days leading up to ovulation. Get the swimmers up there ready and waiting for the egg. Good luck x

Honestly I'd say ditch the OPKs, they (and temping) are more trouble than they're worth. Anything that adds stress to trying to conceive is counterproductive in my opinion.

My cycles were also long. They could be anything from 29-38 days (with an average of 33) so what we ended up doing was just dtd every other day for two weeks from day 10 to day 24 so as to cover any potential ovulation date.

The more months that past, I also got better at checking my CM and could pretty reliably predict when I was about to ovulate based on that alone :)

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back