Opk help

Lottie Tobe

Reaction score
Hi fellow ttc'ers.

Posted this elsewhere but am new to forums...unsure on where to post, so here goes -

Can anyone help with CB digital opk? (The one to detect 4 fertile days). I used it for the first time last month...went straight from low to peak (static smiley) with no high days - instructions said ok....so I used the rest of the sticks this month - was late af last month so confused with cycles so started early cd6 - low fertility as expected. Today cd7 went straight to peak (static smiley). No high fertility again.

Cd7!!!! Seems way too early. I usually have 28 day cycles (last month 31) Only just finished af. So I did a boots opk and that says low Lh surge.

Which one shall I believe? Could CB digital be wrong? Cd7 seems to early...would make ov day 8 or 9.

Can anyone help? Which to trust - boots or CB digital?

hello and welcome :) I'm only just learning about the whole opk myself so not much help I'm afraid I know a lot of the ladies here are very experienced though so I'm sure someone will be able to advise you soon. sending lots of baby dust hope your stay here is short lived *in the nicest way possible*

Thank you crinkles. This ttc lark seems so complicated! And good luck to you too. :)

I had the exact opposite with blinking loads of high days, but I did get my peak in the end! When I got my peak the cheap OPK was positive too, so maybe the clear blue is confused! Did you use the same reader both cycles?

Are you looking out for any other signs like CM or temperature shifts?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did use the same reader...the instructions said its ok to do so, just don't change the reader mid cycle. I started temping this month but don't really understand what I'm looking for....I record it all on my fertility friend app and that hasn't indicated ovulation yet. I look for cm....haven't noticed any - although sometimes it's hard to tell if lots of excess sperm (sorry tmi!)

I have another reader with a new pack...maybe I should just start that tomorrow and see....wouldn't it display peak if today was a genuine peak?

Do people ovulate on cd7?

How do you find CB digi? Not sure if yo bother with it next month now

Well I don't think it helped me much this month! I actually got really clear positive on the cheap OPKs from Amazon so I'd probably just save my money and buy them in future. Then I can test a few times a day and it would still be cheaper!

I'm pretty sure I OV today but I haven't had a lot of CM, but it has been egg white for 3 days.

Your temp should rise the day after OV and stay at the higher temp until AF comes back.

This article is good :)

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a3195/how-to-chart-your-temperature-and-cervical-mucus

You usually OV the day after a peak reading, but even CD 8 seems very early if you have a 28 day cycle. Should be around CD 14, as you usually have about 14 days from OV to AF regardless of your cycle length.

Thanks Babyfrog.

I did another CB digital this morning with a different reader - got a low reading. So I think there was a problem with the old reader.

Good luck with the tww.....the worst bit of the cycle!

Just so you know, a CB dual hormone reader will always show low on the first use. It saves that info as your baseline, and after that it looks for increases in estrogen (flashing smile) and LH (static smile).

I'm feeling okay about the TWW so far, at least I know there's nothing else I can do now, and I don't have to worry about doing a BD every other night ha ha.

No shift in my temp yet, but hopefully that'll come tomorrow :)

Thanks I didn't know that. Will double confirm with a boots opk this afternoon to confirm then. They need more information on their instructions!

Apparently semen isn't stretchy, so if it stretches it's CM :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back