OPK help..

hana_022001

Reaction score
Hey.
I was bleeding from the 27th of August to the 31st August and had started getting 2 faint lines on opk for the last 3 days and now there is only the control line coming up? is this normal? i need help!!! :confused:

hi, what time of day were you doing the tests? fist morning pee can give misleading results.

Thanks for your reply!
I test at around 2pm then again at 5pm today had only control lines for both today x

Hi, no problem!!

I think you are cycle day 10 now and only having a control line is normal at this stage. In my opinion the faint lines were flukes. have you been on birth control recently?? how long are your cycles normally??

FYI make sure that you are restraint from drinking for a good while before testing, i like to think "the yellower the better" when it comes to pee!! sorry tmi!! and only dunk or hold in pee stream for the recomended amount of time.

I think so to, this is my first proper period since i was on depo for about 18months so im not holding out any hopes just don't want to miss it!! I had my last shot of depo in Dec 2010 so have been off it for 9 months now. My pee has been bright yellow both times, tmi!! Thanks for your help i really do apprieciate it. Do you do opks? If so what are the best to use? xx

this is quite a good site http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/ovulation-tests/opk-faq.htm

I use them, this is my third month ttc and want it to happen so bad!!!!! I use superdrug, boots, asda, generally whatever is on offer!! this month i am using first responce ones as they are buy one get one free in boots!! last month i had a it of a nightmare with opks - i got a fint line for like 8 days before FINALLY getting a posotive on cycle day 21 whihc is very late for me as I have a 29 day cycle. If you are ever unsure if it is a posotive or not as they can soemtimes be hard to read by some digital ones as it is impossible to misread the results!!

Also i had very sticky stretchy mucus yesterday and today felt like id peed myself most of the day? sorry for all these yucky things im telling you as i don't even know you x i will go invest in some clear blue ones in the morning then so thanks again for your help.

Good luck to you seems like we both want it so bad !! xx

ah dont worry, without pregnancy forum i would be lost as none of my friends are ttc yet and i have no one to ask all my questions too, you will become an expert at all this i promise!!

that mucus is what we describe as EWCM - egg white cervical mucus - becasue of its texture. If you have this I would expect that maybe you are ovulating and contrary to what i said before maybe the two most recent negatives (control lines only) were flukes!!!! Get some digitals just to check for sure as it is your first month trying opks! let me know what the result is ! excited for you!! come and join us in TTC, i think more people will see your questions as it is busier in there. night night, get to bed and :bd: just incase you are ovulating!!!

Thankyou x i will do x
Fingers crossed for you my love xx

really? oh my my head is puzzled! i would keep testing everyday and keep having sex anyway. maybe your body is just taking a while to sort itself out this month befoer ovulation. keep me updated!!

I have used internet cheapies and also some i got from asda not sure of the brand xx

What is the best to use? should i go buy some different digital ones?

i would buy a box of digital ones. usually about 20 quid for 7. i know they are expensive but they remove the posibility of error.

think you are bout cycle day 14 - same as me!! because your lines have been all over the place I would keep having sex this month and if you dont get a bfp start again next month with a box of digitals. also have you consdered charting your temperature?

If no luck this month i will try charting my temp? how is the bestway to do this? sorry for replying in both threads x

no problem! go onto fertility friend or TCYOF (take charge of your fertility) to get the full info and instructions. temping requires dedication and there are specific rules. let me know how you get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back