OPK Confusion

Loz_Lar

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New in here and new to TTC. We are on month 2 of trying although month 1 was a half effort. This month I ordered some ovulation tests off amazon. I had some shop bought ones but I ran out at the predicted crucial time so, as I work in a radiology department, I asked my colleague on Monday if she would scan me to give me an indication to whether I had ov'd when predicted or not. She had a look and could definitely see a dominant follicle but said it looked irregular so likely that I had ov'd a day or two before which made total sense in terms of my cycle so I was pretty happy that we had dtd around the right time. My tests were waiting for me when I got home from work on Wednesday so I tested and it was negative. I then tested yesterday evening, just because I have new toys and want to use them lol, and it was positive - darker than the control line. So it threw me a bit but made sure we dtd just incase. This morning I tested again about 10:30 and it was still positive and I've just tested again about 11pm and it's STILL a strong positive and darker than the control line. I'm CD21 now as my last period was 17th-24th June so totally confused about what's happening with my cycle and whether I ov'd when I was predicted as my scan said it was likely I had, or whether I'm ovulating now but I'd expect these tests to be getting lighter by now. Anyone got any idea or help they can offer?
Thanks,
Lauren xx

Some ladies test positive from ovulation right up to AF. That is why you stop testing after you get your first positive.

Some ladies will also have a positive opk when pregnant, although in your case it is so close to ovulation that that probably isn't the reason as you wouldn't have had time for it to implant yet.

Just tested today and got another positive at 6:30pm - CD22 today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back