OPK and OVULATION help?!?

Charlie813

Reaction score
Hi

I usually have a 33-35 day cycle with the odd 28 or 40 day one here and there.

I use apps to try and track ovulation and have had intercourse so many times in the fertility window and not conceived.

I used OPK’s this month, checked my cervix position and cervical mucus.

I started getting egg white cm days 13 and 14 of my cycle. Then went dry and sticky on days 15&16. Then 17, 18, 19, 20 I had a lot of egg white mucus again. My cervix was soft and open on cycle day 20 and 21.

I had negative OPK’s and ALMOST a positive on cycle day 20 at 8pm (had intercourse this night). Then cycle day 21 at 10am, 4.30pm and 10pm very negative OPK’s and dry cervical mucus (but cervix was still open). Today is cycle day 22 and I have lotion like cervical mucus. And negative OPK’s.

I have had a lot of one sided ovulation pain. Especially on the 20th and yesterday. Today my breasts are tender which usually happens after ovulation.

Can anyone help me work out if I’ve ovulated, even without a positive OPK. I’m so confused about my cycle.

I’ve attached the picture of my OPK’s and two of my cervical mucus. (Cycle days 17&18)
5e4adc2d-971a-4e58-bc08-c13878dc2150-png.86031
e33d4187-8a2b-4190-a761-fe0ddc668ba2-png.86033
37cef379-f83a-45f2-b680-30ae403601c6-png.86035

Your opks on CD20 look positive to me. Those trackers aren’t very realistic when it comes to detecting the line. I use to use that app and every photo o tool of the same OPK it would come out a different number.
The lines look pretty the same to me. Go by the signs of your body. If your boobs are aching and you only get that after ovulation then I would say you have ovulated.

Thank you so much for commenting Char!

In real life the two tests (the CD 20) did look pretty much the same. Now that they’ve dried days later they look the same darkness. On the day they did look a teeny tiny bit lighter, definitely not darker but almost the same darkness. This is my first time using the OPK’s so maybe I have a really short surge and it would have been darker a few hours later. I was just hoping i’d get one really dark so I wouldn’t have to wonder. I’m definitely not having any fertile cervical mucus and my cervix is back closed today.

Thank you so much for commenting Char!

In real life the two tests (the CD 20) did look pretty much the same. Now that they’ve dried days later they look the same darkness. On the day they did look a teeny tiny bit lighter, definitely not darker but almost the same darkness. This is my first time using the OPK’s so maybe I have a really short surge and it would have been darker a few hours later. I was just hoping i’d get one really dark so I wouldn’t have to wonder. I’m definitely not having any fertile cervical mucus and my cervix is back closed today.
I would massively suggest using the clear blue advanced opks if you don’t mind splashing a bit of cash. These are much easier to read you don’t have to guess if the line is dark enough.
I can’t say much as the cervix positioning as I never check x

I would massively suggest using the clear blue advanced opks if you don’t mind splashing a bit of cash. These are much easier to read you don’t have to guess if the line is dark enough.
I can’t say much as the cervix positioning as I never check x
I did see those at the pharmacy but they were a lot more money. Being my first cycle trying OPK’s I thought I would go the cheap option. Next time I’ll use those if i get a negative pregnancy test this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back