OPK after miscarriage

Syd43

Reaction score
Hi all. Slightly random question for you.

I miscarried last week at 8 weeks, I've known for sure since 6.5 weeks that it was a blighted ovum. Passed the sac 10 days ago and stopped bleeding 3 days ago.

I've just (c. 1pm) done an opk and a pregnancy test just to see where I am. Pregnancy test still has a faint line, opk had quite a good line - I would say a day or two away from being positive. Does anyone know if it's likely to be the lingering pregnancy hormone affecting the opk?

Someone else on here said they started bleeding 30 days after passing the sac which was a normal cycle for them. If I count the day I passed the sac as cd1 then I'm about 4 days from ovulation.

It doesn't really matter as I'm not seeing OH this month but I am keen (ie desperate) to know where I am in my cycle so I can work out future dates.

Thank you.

I think if you're still getting line on pregnancy test the opk wouldn't be reliable Hun but I might be wrong, I know I've seen some girls on here use them along with/instead of pregnancy tests but not sure how the line comes up. Ask Maybe Baby, she is a wealth of ttc knowledge she will most probably know!

Thanks Claire. I figured that was probably the case.

If you are still showing a positive on a pregnancy test then the opk could be affected by that, as LH is similar to hcg and the opk can't tell the difference. It would be unlikely that you would ovulate while there was still enough hcg in your system to be picked up by a hpt. Are you having bloods done to check your levels are going down? I had to have bloods done every few days until they were below 5.

Thanks Snowbee. No, I haven't had bloods taken at any point. The line is much lighter than it was a couple of weeks ago. I've got my scan on Saturday to check everything's gone.

Thanks Snowbee. No, I haven't had bloods taken at any point. The line is much lighter than it was a couple of weeks ago. I've got my scan on Saturday to check everything's gone.

Hi Syd after both my MMC's my hpt was really faint about 21 to 23 days after D&C then two days after faint hpt I ovulated with positive OPK and ewcm & my period arrive 14 days later, so I do think it's possible to ovulate straight after hpt goes really faint

Last edited:
That's interesting, thanks Clementine. I got a negative hpt last Friday and my opk is looking like it may go positive in the next couple of days. I'm just desperate to know where I am :)

How did your scan go Syd was everything going to plan?

Thanks for asking Snowbee. Yes, appears to have all happened naturally and everything seems to have passed which is good, I feel back to normal. Just waiting to see what happens with my cycle now and looking forward to my appointment at the Lister in a couple of weeks.

How are you getting on?

Thats good news its all passed Syd, hope things get back to 'normal' asap. Good luck with the appointment xx

Syd I did an opk yesterday when I had a squinter line on hcg and the opk was nearly positive, the pregnancy hormones definitely affect those tests. I also did one today after negative hcg and opk was very nearly positive xx

Last edited:
Thanks lilith. Annoyingly I forgot to opk today, hoping it's building up to a positive and then I'll have a vague idea of where I am in my cycle.

Thanks lilith. Annoyingly I forgot to opk today, hoping it's building up to a positive and then I'll have a vague idea of where I am in my cycle.

You can still do an opk up to 8pm in the evening, I do mine around 2pm but the leaflet that came with them said from 10 am - 8pm, optimum time around 2, not fmu though as that gives false positives. I hope your cycle goes back to normal hun, praying mine does too. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back