OPK advice

Little blue

Reaction score
Hi. I am new hear and this is my first time ttc. After I stopped using the pill my cycles have been super irregular with like 57 day cycles and only 2 days of bleeding. I decided this cycle to do OPK tests and LH tests every other day. I am on cycle day 38 and haven't had any indication that I might get a positive. But the fertility app I use says I have ovulated. ( I think the weather has got warmer and so my temperature rose) Does anyone have any advice or know if it is possible to ovulate and become pregnant if FSH and LH are so low that OPks don't pick them up?
Thanks

Hi. I am new hear and this is my first time ttc. After I stopped using the pill my cycles have been super irregular with like 57 day cycles and only 2 days of bleeding. I decided this cycle to do OPK tests and LH tests every other day. I am on cycle day 38 and haven't had any indication that I might get a positive. But the fertility app I use says I have ovulated. ( I think the weather has got warmer and so my temperature rose) Does anyone have any advice or know if it is possible to ovulate and become pregnant if FSH and LH are so low that OPks don't pick them up?
Thanks

How long ago did you stop using the pill? With irregular cycles the only way I kept track was to start using opk as soon as my period finished x

Thank you for getting back to me.

I stopped using the pill in December.

I do use OPKS as soon as my period finishes. But I never see get a positive result.

Maybe I should test every day.

I do use OPKS as soon as my period finishes. But I never see get a positive result.

Definitely test every day (and if you can) chart your BBT. OPK's only sense the hormone surge, they don't tell you you'll 100% ovulate because it's possible to get a surge in LH and not actually ovulate.

Charting your BBT will help you learn a lot about your cycle, for example the day you ovulate, and how long your LP is. The only other way to confirm ovulation (bar charting your BBT) is to either have an ultrasound, or rather ultrasound(s) and to have blood work done.

Than you RainbowMama.

I have been taking my BBT for 6 months now. This is the first month ovulation has been detected so fingers crossed. Thanks for your advice. I will use OPKs every day on my next cycle.

Which brand are you using? Lots of ladies never get a positive on one steps. I used to test every day then when they got darker 2/3 times a day

Hi Mrsbridge17. I am using Ovaview.i tried using clear blue when I first stopped using the pill but I consistently got false positives. Now all I get is negitives.

I waiting for my period and then will try again next cycle from day 1 testing every day.

Have not heard of ovaview. You’ll have to update next cycle see how you get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back