OPK Advice?

Cookie517

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I was wondering if I could have some pointers on using OPKs?
I've never used them before.
My coil was taken out today, so want to start tracking my cycles!
Thanks!
Cookie x

Hi @Cookie517 which kind of coil did you have mirena or copper?

If you had the copper coil you will absolutely be able to track straight away as you will know when AF is due etc. The mirena I would probably wait until you’ve had a period as that stops AF doesn’t it?

Which OPK do you plan to use? Have you downloaded pre mom yet? Xx

Hi @Cookie517 which kind of coil did you have mirena or copper?

If you had the copper coil you will absolutely be able to track straight away as you will know when AF is due etc. The mirena I would probably wait until you’ve had a period as that stops AF doesn’t it?

Which OPK do you plan to use? Have you downloaded pre mom yet? Xx

Hi lovely,

I had the Mirena coil! Not had a period for 3 years!!

I bought the OPKs off Amazon which say to use them with Premom. I've downloaded the app ready!

Cookie x

Hi lovely,

I had the Mirena coil! Not had a period for 3 years!!

I bought the OPKs off Amazon which say to use them with Premom. I've downloaded the app ready!

Cookie x
Hi cookie as mrsbridge said I'd wait for your first period to show up then start testing using OPKs if you want to test a full month for your first time start testing the day after your period stops and until the app shows your peak. some women can ovulate surprisingly early and until you get to know your bodies cues then this might be a good place to start. Its common for me to ovulate 1 week after my period I kept missing it at first as i wasn't testing early enough. OPKs are different to pregnancy tests as some brands will say to test around 11am then once you start having strong lines test twice a day until you find your peak. OPKS will always have 2 lines even if they're super faint so you're looking for a line that shows up as dark or darker than the control line. Ovulation usually occurs 1 or 2 days later your app will tell you how the lines are progressing

Once you have an idea of your ovulation window you can just test in the run up to ovulation and a day or two after your peak.

I hope that helps a bit. everyone has their own ways of doing things and I think once you start testing you can look out for your natural pre ovulation symptoms such as watery or egg white discharge, pinches and twinges etc.
Good luck

Hi hun, yes definitely hold on until you have had a period to start tracking then xx

Hi cookie as mrsbridge said I'd wait for your first period to show up then start testing using OPKs if you want to test a full month for your first time start testing the day after your period stops and until the app shows your peak. some women can ovulate surprisingly early and until you get to know your bodies cues then this might be a good place to start. Its common for me to ovulate 1 week after my period I kept missing it at first as i wasn't testing early enough. OPKs are different to pregnancy tests as some brands will say to test around 11am then once you start having strong lines test twice a day until you find your peak. OPKS will always have 2 lines even if they're super faint so you're looking for a line that shows up as dark or darker than the control line. Ovulation usually occurs 1 or 2 days later your app will tell you how the lines are progressing

Once you have an idea of your ovulation window you can just test in the run up to ovulation and a day or two after your peak.

I hope that helps a bit. everyone has their own ways of doing things and I think once you start testing you can look out for your natural pre ovulation symptoms such as watery or egg white discharge, pinches and twinges etc.
Good luck

Hi this is so helpful!

Thank you so much! I've not had any bleeding yet since my coil was removed (but it was only yesterday haha!).

Does it technically count as a period when I bleed next?

I think I'll do what you suggested and test every day for the first month just to see where I'm at!

Cookie x

Hi this is so helpful!

Thank you so much! I've not had any bleeding yet since my coil was removed (but it was only yesterday haha!).

Does it technically count as a period when I bleed next?

I think I'll do what you suggested and test every day for the first month just to see where I'm at!

Cookie x

That is what Premom tells you to do as soon as AF is over track when it gets darker test twice a day. Always test around lunch time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back