Opinions please?

Keelygracey

Reaction score
So I'm currently temping and have been doing opk's since CD10, today is CD14 and I tested this morning, it wasn't with fmu but the one after but it was still early morning - and it was positive, tested twice again this afternoon and both fainter then this mornings test, I know your not supposed to test in the mornings so wondering if it's a false or whether my surge happened over night, is that possible? My temp dropped considerably this morning so I'm assuming if I have a big rise tomorrow morning would that determine if it was in fact positive?

Thanks in advanced :)

I've just spent the day researching some of this for myself too! I don't know anything about temping though so can't help there.

I read that it isn't possible to have a false positive even with FMU. A positive is a positive. The reason FMU is advised against testing is because it may give you a false negative. I also think it's possible for your surge to be overnight - your body does everything else whilst asleep so i think it's possible for LH surge overnight also.
So if it's negative/faded this afternoon maybe your surge was overnight and you caught it this morning.

Hope that helps a little, i'm driving myself insane looking into it all for v.similar situation (first & only positive this morning, but we dtd over weekend and not sure H can continue this week. Hoping it's negative when test this evening so might have caught a surge).
FX it matches with your temping tomorrow.

Ive heard that surge rarely happens during the night. Opks should be used in the afternoon. Opks can be false if used in the morning. Keep testing 2x a day. Say 2 pm and 6-8 pm. x

Thanks ladies, I read before that there are OPK's that state to use FMU I think it might be a clear blue one? so didn't think it actually mattered? Any ideas why a surge doesn't usually happen over night? Also how long does a surge show for? I.e could it be positive then be negative a couple of hours later? Looking forward to seeing what my temps doing tomorrow!

Last edited:
Have done another Opk and very faint if not completely negative now so who knows!! I will see what my temp does in the morning and test again tomorrow :)

Another temp drop this morning! Last three have been 36.27, 36.19 and then 36.03 this morning - do you think it could mean ovulation is today if the positive yesterday was a genuine positive? CoNfUsEd!!

Are you recording your temps on Fertility Friend?

I'm not very good at pinpointing ovulation but Fertility Friend is :) It could well be today xx

Another temp drop this morning! Last three have been 36.27, 36.19 and then 36.03 this morning - do you think it could mean ovulation is today if the positive yesterday was a genuine positive? CoNfUsEd!!

As soon as your temp goes up by 0.5degrees or more the day before was your ovulation day. x

Thank you :)

Yes I am temping for the first time, I will attach my chart so far! I did another opk this afternoon as after yesterdays morning positive I was just getting negatives but this afternoon it was a definite positive so going to count today as my positive..

My temp has dropped quite a lot in the last couple of days so should I hope to see a big rise tomorrow or would it be the day after?

Been very crampy today so somethings happening! lol xx

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 6
I get cramps on ov day but see what FF says as I know it is usually the first day of the rise!

Only a small .03 rise this morning but it was a questionable temp as I had a rubbish night sleep and kept waking up, didn't take my temp until alarm went off but had been waking up prior to that so not sure if that would have effected it, I guess I'll see what tomorrow's temp is xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back