Opinions please!

BettyHoop

Reaction score
I've been ttc for nearly 8 years, with various long term partners. When I was very young I believe surgery left me with scarring in my womb, but getting a doctor to take me seriously has proved impossible so I lost hope for a while.

Last year I met my current partner who is wonderful, and wants children. I found out I was pregnant in march this year, sadly I lost it a couple of months later. My partner felt he wasn't really ready anyway so I dealt with it quietly and on my own. Just finding out I could get pregnant was like a burst of light in my life after trying for so long.

Now a few months later he says he is ready and we have spoken a lot about it, and this is the first month since the mc we have been intimate.

I haven't really been able to keep track of my periods since the mc, but they have been almost as normal as before. My last proper period was mid July and so I believe my next one is due on the 15th July, making my ovulation day last Saturday, which that whole weekend was spent with my partner if you know what I mean!

Now I don't know if I am just so broody and wanting it that much that I am imagining things, or if I might be pregnant. It's still so early and its driving me slightly mad waiting and wondering, I still have 9 days to wait to test, or get my period.

The last couple of days I have felt some symptoms. I have recently been pregnant as mentioned so I know what it felt like so I am well aware my mind may be playing tricks on me, just hoping and praying all day long it isn't the case and I am actually pregnant again, and that it goes well this time. I'm 32 and never imagined I'd be in my 30's still trying!

The biggest symptom I've had is excess saliva, lots of it! I remember after being a couple of months pregnant I could hardly talk to people without showering them in drool! I don't remember really having many symptoms so early last time, but I had no idea I would rock up pregnant so wasn't really paying attention! Looking back all I remember is snarling over my food like a rabid wolf, putting on weight quickly, napping during the day which is unusual for me, and huge boobs! Which I put down to putting on weight, which I put down to over eating, which I put down to being comfortable at home with my partner!!!

So other symptoms in the last couple of days have been crying at silly things, (these are all things I do not normally do!) Then feeling angry for no reason! A metallic taste in my mouth, a slight aversion to food, I made fajitas last night and the smell of them washing up the pan this morning felt like I could taste it in my nose it seemed so strong! Now I dont want to eat the leftovers! Smells were driving me mad yesterday and I've convinced myself I'm imagining it because I can't identify what it is...weird...and yesterday I had an hours nap in the day, something that I never do unless I'm pregnant! I'm super thirsty right now but I'm well hydrated...

Ah yes and my bowels! Just before I found out I was pregnant last time, I was having trouble with loose bowels, I was in egypt at the time and put it down to foreign food, but I'm having that experience again, and I'm normally fine and healthy in that respect.

Today I feel twinges like vague period pains, I do normally get this when ovulating so could be that. Will have to see if I can convince my partner to come home from work early...

I don't normally get pms so much, and not normally this long before my period is due so, fingers crossed! Let me know what you think and if any have had a similar experience xx

How many dpo are you? Your symptoms certainly sound promising!! Good luck! :) xx

Hi thanks for replying. I think I am 6 days past ovulation, and my period is due next Friday. I'd forgotten how long the wait to find out seems, as I believed for a while until my last pregnancy that I couldn't conceive.

I had to get up in the middle of the night to pee, and I slept in late this morning. I feel like I'm coming down with something but it's not flushing into a full blown illness. My coffee doesn't taste right this morning and I want to go back to bed!

Xx

I am so excited for you it does sound promising! I didnt know that drooling was a sign, not that I am pregnant but I drool in my sleep all the time lol. When are you testing? x

Hi thanks for replying. I think I am 6 days past ovulation, and my period is due next Friday. I'd forgotten how long the wait to find out seems, as I believed for a while until my last pregnancy that I couldn't conceive.

I had to get up in the middle of the night to pee, and I slept in late this morning. I feel like I'm coming down with something but it's not flushing into a full blown illness. My coffee doesn't taste right this morning and I want to go back to bed!

Xx

6 days post ovulation is very early so keep note of your symptoms and try and wait until closer to af to test! Good luck x

Hi Sparklegirl :)

Apparently excess saliva can be a sign. When I was pregnant last time it was present before I knew, and became quite overwhelming in the second month!

Quite new to this and not sure what AF means but assuming from what I've read it's your period- mine is due in a week, I'd like to say I'm going to wait and see if it comes before testing but my brain knows there is a pregnancy test in the bathroom!!

Last time I was pregnant I was on holiday, and period was due two days before returning home, it didn't come but I really felt like I was in for a rough one, I put it down to being on holiday and nerves about the plain ride. I then waited another three days before I did a test - I really didn't believe I could get pregnant at this point, but my period is usually quite regular.

So after my mc I'm not 100% sure my period is due next Friday. I had a very heavy one on the 17th June but then I had a little bleed for a day on the 27th, but haven't dtd (worked that one out!) until the 1st and 3rd of July, with predicted ovulation on the 2nd. I'm usually 28 days.

I'll keep you both updated :) just hope this time round doesn't take as long as last time! I'll be 39 years old if it does! :(

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back