opinions please

umbongo

Reaction score
We rent but had permission to decorate a room for the nursery. I chose a light blue, my favourite colour.
But, we have to move a lot of furniture out and swap into spare room as my step daughters have their bunk beds in there.
Anyway, with study, work and my spd we've not started yet. And I'll be little use as not supposed to do too much, it flares up really easily. The weekends are running out and money is beyond short.

So.... Thinking of not painting the room now. It's currently yellow and not too bad. But I was excited about doing it blue. But it seems with time against us it would be more sensible to leave it. Then we can get on with swapping the rooms and sorting the nursery out.

What do you think? I've got lovely Beatrix curtains up and some removable stickers for the walls so can still make it nice.

Hnmmmmm.....

Xx

Personally I think if you want it blue, make it blue!

This is your first baby and you deserve to have it the way you want... paint doesn't cost much and can be done within a day! especially in this weather.

If you are moving stuff around anyway, a lick of paint won't be too much more hassle.

Tell hubby he needs to get his arse into gear haha... maybe even next time the girls are round.. get them to help?

Hun yellow is very neutral and u can make it boy/girly when baba arrives with bits and bobs!!

We kept 3 walls cream just painted 1 wall apple green, without bits that make it obvious its Noahs room u wouldnt really tell.

I think u should leave it :) And u can always paint it in the future anyway! xx

haha, but i agree with what Ruth is saying aswell... If its guna bug u that u never got it done then do it!
It wouldnt take long if u had a few extra hands xx

yes lets encourage child labour haha... make the girls do it!

I think ask friends over to do it or hubby and girls to help as would mean they are involved? That said depends on how much will bother u if not done. I needed our nursery done and feel much clamer now it is strangely. I think it's a woman thing! X

They are only 8 & 10, they'd mess it up!! No friends we can ask really as don't know anyone well enough here. Would just be hubby and I. No idea when! In my experience painting takes ages, probably needs more than one coat...
I'll have a talk with hubby about when we can do it. Baby shower this weekend, then parents visiting, another baby shower the week after in Reading, then in Devon, then on weekend away with hubby then I'll be 38 weeks!! :-/

Blue :) if you have that in mind, id do it as its one of those things u will probably regret. Painting doesnt take too long really with a couple of coats.

We rent and I would love to have been been able to paint nursery. But se have left it as it is. Cream walls and turquiose touches with underwater doors. It looks ok, but its not mine and my OH's idea of what we would do for our baby.

Make it your own and im sure u will feel much happier about it :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

It only took my oh a couple of hours to paint our room, it's not bad when you get going. I think if you want it blue have it blue. You'll love it all the more for it being the colour you want x

I painted ours yellow and love it. But if you want it blue then I would try and get it blue. Wilkinsons paint is cheapest and as good as dulux we've done whole house top to bottom with different ones and found them both as good), not sure how big your room is but we used one small tub to do our nursery, it's a large box room and needed two coats as it was pink before. That was also done in a day, you only need to leave about two hours between coats, probably less in this weather x

took my bf a day to rub down ( although our walls were bad ) you can get away with not rubbing down
and 2 days to paint but only because he wasnt sure the ceiling had taken. one weekend but again u could do it in a day at a push
ours needed it badly the room hadnt been touched since moved in 3yrs ago...
dont worry about time... i am 35 weeks tomz and still a lot to sort out. but as long as its done by time squiggle arrives

then again yellow is still lovely and do what feels right for u xxx

Thanks for all the responses girls. Still undecided as we have so few free weekends. And with the big furniture move as well it's a lot to do. Hmmmm We shall see!

The way I'm feeling right now, I'd leave it. The baby isn't going to know. Will they even be in there straight away? Could you do it after baby is born and spd is gone?

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Another vote for painting it blue. If you really wanted that color, you should definitely go for it. Tendencies are, you'll be regretting why you didn't repaint the room. Try to get as many help as you can. You can ask hubby to ask his friends to move the furniture. You can repay them for their help by preparing them dinner or something. Best of luck!

No-one we can ask hun. We're lacking in local friends unfortunately!! X

And Giz, that's how I'm feeling. Feels like a LOT of work!! :-/

Baby wont.go in there to sleep . straight away.im using mine for naooyr changes and feeding. So baby gets used.to it.
Tbh u sound like u have made mind up stick with yellow and jazz it up.u dont need stress of it all hunny.
Xx

Yes, maybe I have. If we had help it would be a different matter but it's just us.

I think I'll do nappy changes downstairs in the day, we don't have a changing unit and I cba to go upstairs everytime! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back