Opinions on Name Options?

Rogue14

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I’m hoping to collect opinions on our name options if possible, my partner and I have finally agreed on some names and would like to know what you think.
The both of us absolutely fell in love with the name Eden and were hoping to use the name Isabella as a middle name, we thought the classic middle name would help make the name sound more feminine. Our problem is that my fiancée has two aunt Edith’s known as Auntie Edie and we are concerned people would shorten her name to Edie sounding like she is named after them? So I guess our first question is whether you would still go ahead or try to use it as a boys name to stop the nickname?
Our second girls name was Mieke or Mieka (meeka) it’s Dutch and we think the spelling is pretty but no idea on a middle name and are still unsure as to how I feel about it (or mostly how people will respond to it)
We also loved Bodhi for a boy as we both have fairly unusual names and would use the middle name Benjamin again to keep it more classic.

I guess I’m just hoping to start a discussion! Our families both have very classic and common names so we’re hoping for some opinions, I’d really appreciate any opinions and suggestions you guys may offer. I apologies for this being quite long!

Last edited:
Would it really bother you if people shortened Eden to Edie? I'll be honest I'm not 100% convinced they would, but if they did as long as you always called her Eden people would probably start latching onto that instead.

I like Mieke too (spelt both ways) I know a Mika and think it's a sweet name. Which name can you see yourself using more?

I find boys names a lot more difficult at the moment then girls names, we have a list of names we both like and for girls we agree on a few but boys we are both unsure on each others choices.

I think Eden Isabella sounds like a lovely name. I wouldn't think of shortening Eden to Edie as both are just as short as each other. Might as well just say Eden.

I much prefer the name eden. I would probably shorten to edie.
But As donna said.. if you call her by her proper name then everyone, our of respect, will hopefully continue to call her eden.

Names are such a difficult choice to make. Although picking our sons was easg as we both loved the name charlie. But i think for a girl i would struggle to find one i liked:eh:

I’m absolutely terrible at navigating this site (very new!) I hope I am responding the right way 😂 thank you so much for your responses, my partner and I were beginning to think that we had to give up on the one name we fell in love with! Now comes the debate of middle names which is fun, we adore Eden Isabella but my niece just recently decided to name her fish Isabella although I doubt that anyone would remember that!

I personally love the name Mieka. Where I come from (Israel) its a girl's name and spelled simply Mika. I wouldn't worry too much about people's reactions as family and friends grow to get used to unusual names and love them. As long as it sounds nice with surname and you bothlove it you'll be fine!
Best of luck to you both :)

Last edited:
I absolutely love the name eden but wasn't able to use it. I definately wouldn't shorten it. My niece is Evelyn and her name has never been shortened.
Mieke is so pretty too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back