Opinions, could I possibly be pregnant?

willz123

Reaction score
Ok, so I came off the pill (cerezette) four days ago, and have sex every day since. We are TTC and I can admit I have definitely got myself too carried away with the idea of possibly being pregnant. I have been reading way too much online about people experiencing symptoms straight away, such as nausea and sense of smell. I want completely honest answers, as to whether people think there is a chance I could be pregnant or not (obviously I know a pregnancy test is the only way to tell, but for those of you who have been or are pregnant, it would be interesting to see if you experienced the same). I am also aware that all my symptoms could be from coming off cerezette.. but still.. honest answers are appreciated!

Ok so, first day after sex with no contraception I started feeling nausea - to the point where I thought I actually could be sick. This carried on until the day after but stopped around mid day. After the nausea feelings stopped, I started to get a really strong sense of smell, to some plant food which no one else could smell. Third day, I literally had an emotional breakdown, crying because my phone froze and I cried for aprox three hours and could not explain why. I then had a terrible headache and felt completely exhausted, and had to have a two hour nap in the middle of the day. On the evening of the third day, I ate some watermelon and instantly felt sick, and felt like I could not get rid of the taste or smell and started to panic thinking I would be sick, however it soon passed. I also experienced some bleeding (I started ovulating the day i came off my pill, so this is unusual although not sure if it could be withdrawal bleeding or what they call implantation bleeding) I have had period pain cramps for about 18 hours now, with a light flow of blood and today when I woke up I have had really sore, achy boobs. I am covered in raised blue veins on my boobs (starting from nipple and spreading out to the inner cleavage) and have also noticed a sort of hard brown skin growing round my nipples and the outer sides of my nipples turning brown.

I am aware that I am getting carried away with the thought of being pregnant so honest answers would be appreciated. I cannot take a test for a further 9 days.

To add:

Lack of appetite : Im always hungry
Smoker: Not one craving for a cigarette in the whole four days, which is unusual for me. (obviously I wouldnt smoke if i thought there was a possibility, but no nicotine cravings ect)

There is a small possibility that you are preg but concidering you came off the pill 4 days ago I think its extreamly unlikely... Sorry huni but it takes a long time for the pill to come out of your system.... For example I came off of cerazette in november and I'm still not preg. I got the same symptoms coming off of cerazette , its just the hormones sorting themselfs out. If you want some advice then I suggest you wait till your af comes and then wait one full cycle so wait for two periods then start trying. I know its frustrating having to wait but your body needs a break before you get pregnant ... Plus I've heard a lot of horror stories of quickly getting pregnant after comining off of cerazette without a period. Good luck huni xxxx

Plus this may be a good way to stop smoking - which will make it easier to concieve xxx

So disappointing, did you have all the same symptoms? I was only on the pill for 6 weeks before I came off it so really hope I don't have to wait long to get pregnant :( thanks for your reply xx

Yeah it was awful! Plus I'm a carer so the sensitive smell was just awful lol! .... I suggest you wait for a period huni and then try! I know its hard but the waiting will be worth it! Xxxx

After coming off the pill, it took 72 days for my next period and they advise you to have a period following your withdrawal period before TTC. Where abouts are you in your cycle? Did you have a withdrawal bleed? On a typical cycle ovulation takes place at around day 14 of 28 day cycle, and then implantation seems to be around 10-12 days dpo. The chances of you falling pregnant following you coming off the pill and not around ovulation are extremely slim and I doubt you'd be experiencing symptoms this early following DTD, however I hope wrong. Good luck

To add, I was on the pill for a number of years opposed to your 6 weeks

I don't think so. You only came off 4 data ago and your host won't have had time to adjust. I think it's just your vet readjusting

It's been four days since I came off the pill, and I have had painful cramps (like AF) and have been bleeding very lightly for about 12 hours. Before this, I had a brown discharge (quite a lot) when I went to the toilet and wiped. Now, however, it is like mucus/light pink blood which is how I know it is not usual AF. Is it possible to have an implantation four days after sex?

I came off my pill exactly 14 days after my last period so I know i am ovulating.

Don't usually have any of these symptoms, even when i've come off the pill before and the changes in my boobs are really apparent, although this could all just be my body getting back to normal :(

I googled POP pill because mine was a combined pill and this is what I found:

The progestogen-only pill works by thickening the mucus in the neck of the womb, so it is harder for sperm to penetrate into the womb and reach an egg.
Sometimes, depending on the type of progestogen-only pill, it may also prevent ovulation (the release of an egg from your ovaries each month). The desogestrel pill (12-hour pill, such as Cerazette) stops ovulation in 97% of menstrual cycles. This means that if you're using a 12-hour progestogen-only pill, you won't release an egg in 97 cycles out of 100. (Taken from NHS website)

I'd say its highly unlikely you've ovulated and the bleed you experiencing is a withdrawal bleed. I know that this isn't what you want to hear but I suggest you wait for your next period (not your withdrawal bleed) so your body knows where your cycle is at.

I've also read that cerazette can cause tenderness in your boobs - even though you've stopped taking it, there may be enough in your body to still be triggering the sore boobs.

Also, did your GP instruct you on how to take it? The NHS & cerazette website say you don't have a pill break like with the combined so theoretically speaking you should have taken it for 6 weeks straight

Ignore the last part thought I'd mis-read x

I doubt your pregnant if you only came off it 4 days ago!! When I came off cerazette, I felt pregnant for the whole 6 weeks it took for my first period to come x

Hello ladies :)
I was on Cerazette for 2 and a half years in total. I had rubbish side effects while taking it :( I turned into a monster so hubby and I both agreed it would make more sense for me to stop taking Cerazette. My last pill was on March 18th and just 3 weeks after that I had a normal period and my cycle has been back to normal since. Everyone's different, but 4 days does seem soon :(
Wish you all the best xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks ladies, what you're saying does make sense and I think the thought of possibly being pregnant along with all the crazy hormone levels going on in my body (probably from coming off cerezette) are making me too carried away! I think i needed a bit of a reality check, just to stop myself becoming disheartened in case of a BFN. Seeing from the posts above, It seems likely that becoming pregnant will take time, so at least now I can be prepared for the wait!

I've also learned that cerezette is an awful pill, and really can trick you in to believing you're pregnant. The awful stomach cramps, the sore boobs, the headaches, and the nausea (which is getting worse by the hour) and the exhaustion. As if us women really need to go through that as well as everything else! grr

thanks again xx

I came off the pill on the 6th of oct 2012 and had my first period since coming off on 12th of Dec so it was almost 12wks. Have been trying for ten months now with not a sniff of a BFP.

Good luck in ur ttc journey, but I don't think it'll have happened after four days!

Plus even after ovulation and conception your body doesn't know it's pregnant until at least 10dpo if not later

Sounds more like effects of coming off the pill

BabyDust *****

Plus even after ovulation and conception your body doesn't know it's pregnant until at least 10dpo if not later

Sounds more like effects of coming off the pill

BabyDust *****

That's not technically true. I got a bfp at 9dpo, started having vivid dreams from about 5dpo (which was my first sign of pregnancy last time too) :) x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Yeah I got a good positive at 7dpo and 2-3 weeks on a digi at 10dpo with my last pregnancy. I only tested at 7dpo because my boobs had swollen so much and were bulging out of my bra!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back