Opinions and any thouhts please

MrsA

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Ok so I randomly got s positive opk two weeks ago and bedded that night. I have had no periods yet since coming off the injection so thought it wishful thinking to think it could happen first time without a full cycle yet.
After following lots of threads on here and I have seen people saying they got a positive opk before preg test and period I thought why not as I still have no idea if I will have a period. Well just got a positive opk two weeks after the first one I think see picture attached. Now I'm thinking maybe it is possible we caught my very first ovulation since the depo??? I'm not getting hopes up but just wanted to hear some thoughts and opinions and whether you agree this is a positive opk???

I guess ill have a few more days to wait to know anything for sure so if I don't get my bfp I'm praying I finally get a witch visit as I'm in total limbo with these hormones!

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 12
This should be clearer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 8
The only way to know is try a pregnancy test hun. Ovulation tests aren't reliable to detect pregnancy, they work for some and don't for others! It could just be your cycle is still trying to regulate after being on contraception, the injection can take quite a while to come out of your system xx

Am I right thinking this test is pretty positive though??

Close to a positive. I had similar lines on Saturday but by Sunday they were so much darker! You could retest for ovulation later on today or again tomorrow and see if it gets more positive? This was my super positive OPK xx

Attachments

• ovtest3.jpg
    ovtest3.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 15
It's tricky this opk business now I'm thinking maybe this is ovulation and the last one wasn't positive?? I threw away the last positive one because I kept looking at it. I'm going to get some more strips see if I can work out these surges properly before I drive myself potty haha x

There could be several reasons for the positive OPK.

Being pregnant will cause positive OPKs because OPKs mistake hcg (pregnancy hormone) for LH (ovulation hormone). The OPKs get gradually darker but you will get a clear positive on a pregnancy test days before an actual positive OPK. Some women discover they are pregnant when they havnt been testing for pregnancy but are using OPKs. The OPKs turn positive and stay that way for several days so they get suspicious and take a pregnancy test. If your OPKs stay positive for 4 or 5 days it is quite likely to be due to pregnancy but taking a pregnancy test would be a much quicker and more definite way of finding out :).

Some women get a positive OPK just before their period. If you did ovulate 2 weeks ago your period would be due now so the timing would fit.

OPKs cant tell you for sure you have ovulated, it just detects the Lh surge that means your body is gearing up to ovulate. Sometimes your body tries and fails. When I was breastfeeding the bfing hormones made it harder for my body to ovulate so it would have one or two failed attepts messed every cycle before it managed to succeed. I could usually tell when I really ovulated because the line would get super dark. I agree that your OPK doesnt look quite positive but its hard to say because a few women dont get darker lines than that and if you only test once a day you can miss the peak of the surge.

Thank you for your response that was really insightful. Annoyingly I am out of ovulation strips as I am now fascinated to see what the surges are doing in more detail than one test a day. It was two weeks ago today my last positive so I'm guessing I've got a few more days yet to see if my period comes. I'll do s pregnancy test if neither happen I'll assume my body is just making lots of attempts at ovulation after a long time off duty!! Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back