Opinion?

Littleperson

Reaction score
This came up instantly on a 2 hour hold just now. How long until they start fading? I’m trying so hard not to let this give me any false hope! Never expected it to be so dark and so instant. 5 day’s since I started bleeding.

E9E03910-053A-4A20-90D8-7B4853339B98.jpeg

That is quite dark yes. I think you really should contact your gp and ask to either have bloods over 48 hours to check if the levels are actually going down and it’s a miscarriage for sure or be referred to epu.

I would say it probably varies for everyone. For me at 6+4 when I went to the epu the test they did there was faint (pretty sure they used one steps or something similar) but then it actually took a good couple of weeks for the faint line to be gone completely.
x

That is quite dark yes. I think you really should contact your gp and ask to either have bloods over 48 hours to check if the levels are actually going down and it’s a miscarriage for sure or be referred to epu.

I would say it probably varies for everyone. For me at 6+4 when I went to the epu the test they did there was faint (pretty sure they used one steps or something similar) but then it actually took a good couple of weeks for the faint line to be gone completely.
x
Doctor referred me to epu on Monday! They said just to watch the bleeding and test in a week (I tested today so bit sooner than a week) but my tests weren’t even this dark when I knew I was pregnant!

tried to phone epu again today but got the answer machine! Waiting for them to call me back and will be asking for a scan ASAP!

I just want to know one way or another now!

my temps are down to 36.8 when they were 37.1 and my symptoms are gone! So I know it’s like 99% likely to be a miscarriage but there’s still that little bit of me that wonders!

cramping was minimal, I had one wee clot but nothing substantial to know for sure.
I just want it confirmed now!

EPU have booked me in for a scan at 9.30am on Friday! A whole week to wait! Will be taking tests to see if they get fainter still but even if they do I will still go to make sure everything is normal xxx

That’s great you’ve got an appointment, hope the week goes by fast and you have an answer to what is going on soon x

Oh wow, I am sorry for the confusion and I hope that it's in fact good news for you. I had a loss between 5-6 weeks and by the time I'd been bleeding for 5 days, my tests were stark white. I don't know how far along you were, but yes I'd definitely see what your HCG is doing before your scan. And it's good to have your scan booked a little later, as a week from now you'll have a much more definitive answer. Good luck!

Oh wow, I am sorry for the confusion and I hope that it's in fact good news for you. I had a loss between 5-6 weeks and by the time I'd been bleeding for 5 days, my tests were stark white. I don't know how far along you were, but yes I'd definitely see what your HCG is doing before your scan. And it's good to have your scan booked a little later, as a week from now you'll have a much more definitive answer. Good luck!
Thank you! I would have been 5weeks 6 days on Monday when the bleeding started! Took another test today and still super dark! Time will tell I guess xxx

Are you still bleeding now or did it stop?

x

It stopped on Thursday and even then was just the brown stuff then! Monday was bright red, Tuesday was dark and then wednesday and Thursday was just the brown stuff you get at like the end of a period xx

So strange. can you post the 2 tests? has the test gotten darker?

I was the same as someone else said, when I had an early mc my line was basically non existent when I started bleeding. Keeping everything crossed for you x

Same here, my tests went lighter before I even started bleeding with my miscarriages, so fingers crossed for you xx

Top was yesterday’s.
Bottom is today’s.

these tests are only 10MIU though so maybe I need a less sensitive test?
Temp was 37 today just to confuse me even further lol!

86767A51-8DF9-4F5C-ABA8-EE97E87F84F1.jpeg

That’s a very long wait ! You should be able to call up your local EPAS tomorrow. Explain you have had bleeding, it’s causing you a lot of stress and upset and they should offer an emergency scan to see what’s going on! xxxx

That’s a very long wait ! You should be able to call up your local EPAS tomorrow. Explain you have had bleeding, it’s causing you a lot of stress and upset and they should offer an emergency scan to see what’s going on! xxxx
I’ve called them 3 times! They said Friday was the best they could do for me and that they’re booked to the brim! My only other option would be to show up at a&e but I have a 7 year old son to look after! And after being off work for a week I’m due back on Monday! Will just need to wait until Friday xxx

I really hope it’s good news for you <3

Oh proper annoying then! I don’t envy your next week. Have you got lots to keep busy with? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back