Opinion on ebay postage charge

mary70

Reaction score
I have just bought kieron some shoes off ebay and was charged £9 postage they have just arrived and all they have done is put 2 bits of tape around the box and attached a label, they postage cosy £3.15 would u complain, i wouldnt have minded so much if they had come properly parcelled

yep.. thats extautionate charges.. leave negative feed back and say the box was poorly wrapped and the post man said your lucky to have recieved both shoes as the box arrived open.

The trainers were £65 so i thought they would have parcelled them better

did you not know the postage before you bought them? there is no way i would have bought anything that small with that kinda postage on it.
If you wernt told the postage i would complain as it is very unreasonable although not sure there is anything you can do now other than leave neg feedback but that would be unfair if the postage was clear before purchase.

no i knew the postage but thought they would have come properly parceled not just 2 bits of sticking tape around the box, i just feel a bit cheated as it says postage and packing and their isnt any packing it is literally 2 pieces of sticky tape and a address sticker on the box, if i wanted to resell them with the box i coudnt as the box is going to be ruined opening it

As far as im concerned the postage is a quote, if someone thinks its going to cost £9 to send you something and it costs £3 and theres no other cost involved for them ( they obviously didnt take any time effort or extra wrapping to make sure the item was secure) they should offer you some sort of compensation for the difference !!
But yeah defs do the stars to say bad postage, bad packaging and neg feedback, maybe msg em first to let them know your going to do it and maybe theyll offer u a fiver instead !?!?

We live in hope eh, but i think just cus it says £9, doesnt mean you have to be happy with it when theyve obviously added alot to it !!

If that was what was quoted then I don't think you can complain but for an item that is £65 I would expect it to be at least recorded delivery or courier. Did the postage bit say how it would be sent (royal mail 1st class etc)?

When I post items I also include travelling to and from the post office as the price of petrol and parking is now so much so I add a £1 to each item to cover this.

I would be leaving negative feedback and going bonkers at the price, no way would I pay that!

lol am i the only one who just charges postage ? I know my FIL sends alot of stuff abroad and so wraps and wraps and wraps everything, but cus the post office is at the end of the road it never occured to me for petrol etc

But now you mention it i can understand £1-£3 for extra packaging, or travel and expences involved in sending it, whether petrol, parking, packaging, bubblewrap whatever.

I wanted to buy a travel system yesterday, luckily i asked pram guru lozzi about it and she said it was bulky as they come so didnt get it, but the person had quoted £45 to deliver via parcelforce, and i know i could have had it delivered for £15-20 with ups or similar, so i msged asking if i won the item if itd be ok to arrange my own courier for whenever was suitable for them, and they said no, the courier may be steep but the prams going for a bargain ?!?!

Dont see what they got out of it ! I would have rather paid £15 courier and give them an extra £10, than pay £45 for a service i know i can get cheaper, plus theyre not ,making any extra money from it, and ups collect from your house so no effort for em, ebay bamboozles me :p :wall:

Pisses me off when ebayers try to make money on postage.

I try to keep my postage as low as possible, but then people moan if its not packaged up all pretty.

Id complain about the £9.00 postage but dont besurprised if you just get back feedback saying that was the amount quoted in the item description.

just had a message to say he has refunded £5 postage :dance:

yeah i know how you feel, i got a clearblue digi ovulation moniter paid £8 in postage expecting it to be packed in a lot more than a next carrier bad wrapped over it and sellotaped, i left negative feed bag as i thought it was a bit of a rip off and said so, she then left me neutral, saying took ages to pay but their in the end, when i paid straight away the swine :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back