oops raw egg

.Ruth.

Reaction score
Sooooo... I made a chocolate mousse yesterday which involves raw egg and LOTS of chocolate.

I have eaten a huge amount of it and just realised I probably shouldn't have!

Which has got me thinking, how many of you have actually stuck to all these 'pregnancy rules'?

I've als had runny egg, drank coffee/tea occasionally.... had whippy ice cream and milkshakes

so many rules, I wonder when or who came up with them? pretty sure years and years ago we weren't as careful.

have you seen any silly rules, dos and donts?

mmmmm mousse

Iv been sensible iv eaten home cooked runny poached eggs if lion stamped. Milkshakes iv had because I worked in a macs and do believe they keep it clean daily iv not had ice cream Mr whippy but only as I never get to an ice cream van in time lol I have been good with pretty much everything else sticking to moderate caffeine intakes etc. I also think a lot of it is over cautious but I'm not willing to take the risks. I am looking forward to an m and s prawn layered salad or a prawn cocktail followed by medium steak with a nice glass or wine !!!after baby arrives I mean

Last edited:
I've had runny eggs, I've tried to stick to lion stamped ones but I did accidentally eat one of my mum's chicken eggs runny which obviously isn't stamped but I just didn't think.

I also accidentally ate goats cheese with a rind when I was really early on, again just didn't think at the time.

I've been eating things like smoked salmon and chorizo as well, I know the advice is a bit conflicting as to whether they are 'allowed' or not but I think if I tried to stick to all the 'rules' I'd never eat anything!

We went to Majorca a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I ate things I wasn't supposed to then as well, we ate quite a lot of seafood and deli meats but we always picked shops and restaurants that were of good quality so I thought any risk was very low.

So all in all I have been a bit naughty! I was probably more cautious last time round but to be honest now I just think as long as we use a bit of common sense and avoid the really risky foods and aren't smoking and drinking then we are very unlikely to cause any harm xxx

I have had stamped runny eggs (pretty much every day!), Camembert and the odd glass of wine. I think relaxed, happy mummies are good mummies :) so within reason, I try not to get wound up by all the rules and regulations.

I'm probably a bit paranoid so not had runny eggs or undercooked steak or Mr whippy icecreams :-/ Just felt like it would be just my luck to get ill so decided not to risk it.
Can't wait to have a soft boiled egg and soldiers! And a delicious medium rare steaaaaaak. Nom! I hate all cheese and coffee anyway so that was easy!
I've had a couple of half glasses of cava with orange juice but that's as wild as it got!! xx

I've not had runny eggs or alcohol but I have had some milkshakes from mcd's cause it said they have really good hygiene etc which I believe with how many times I've been told the machine is turned off for cleaning in the past haha. I'm quite a paranoid person so I've tried to be as good as possible throughout but I have relaxed a bit n Tri 3 xx

I've not had eggs or seafood and I'm soooo looking forward to a nice seafood platter by the sea once baby is here, like a little reward for myself. I've had a whippy ice cream at the beach last weekend, I think in Tri 3 we can be a little more relaxed in moderation. If you're feeling OK then the mousse must have been fine x

I didn't eat undercooked meats but I've drank coke/ tea and had plenty of milkshakes/ ice cream. I did everything perfectly with my first pregnancy and my son is autistic so I learnt to relax a lot more this time x

I pretty much stick to the rules. I guess it's only 9 months. I don't want to become a statistic where it was a low chance but happened to me. I'm sure you will be fine, but making it a habit will only increase your chances.

I have been really good, no runny eggs, milkshakes, mr whippy, Parma ham, salami or alcohol :(

When baba is here I am having a runny egg, to dip my Parma ham and salami in, with a big glass of Pinot..... Mmmm Pinot

I've just eaten everything. I haven't changed my diet at all apart from eating more fruit and veg. I wouldn't touch anything that is well known for giving people food poisoning like mussels but I think the whole runny eggs thing is ridiculous. All chickens have to be vaccinated against salmonella so the chance of you getting sick from a runny egg, even a raw egg is so slim.

The only thing I changed later on in my pregnancy was I started drinking decaf tea because I was drinking about 8 cups of tea a day and the midwife warned that I might have a hyper baby if I didn't cut down!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back