Ooops!!!

leean10

Reaction score
Haven't told work that I am pregnant and my boss has had me help her move a big table from one room to the other? Should I tell them that I am pregnant now?

Thanks

Lee-Ann xx

Definitely, it's not worth the risk hunny x

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

This #7 now so I guess I should say something. It has only been 9 weeks since my last mc and I fell within 4 weeks so I don't want them to think that I am irresponsible etc.

I can't be moving tables around being high risk so I guess I will have to mention it to them x

Yes I think you definitely should. After all, I'm sure there's plenty of others who can help move heavy stuff - you need to be careful xx

Yeah but because I haven't mentioned it, I couldn't think of an excuse as to why I couldn't move the table! x

Im sure they wont think that hun, and im sure they wudnt want you to do anything that wud put u at risk.

Michelle. x

Just take them to one side, explain they you're pregnant, that its early so you want it to be kept confidential.

I know I should tell them, guess I am going to have bite the bullet xx

You could just say you have an injury so can't do it. Like a funny knee or your back is sore

I will have to start saying something I think!!

I have just noticed that you are 2 days ahead of me, looks like I have a bump buddy :) x

Hya hun, id defo not risk it.
If you dont want to tell them yet, just say after everything you went through in the hospital, you'd rather not do yourself damage as youre still feeling a bit fragile.
Just say, thinking about it, me lifting that table after whats happened the last couple of months, probably isnt the best idea. Is it ok, if I just supervise ;)

x

I am going to have to tell them but I may wait until after my scan. I will just feign a back injury until then x

My doctor said lifting wasn't a prob till your heavily preg so I've just been doing my normal x.

I am high risk though hon, I have lost 6 babies already so I am not allowed to be lifting and stretching really!! x

I've been told I can't lift because we handle people, not objects. There's also a higher risk of ligament damage when pregnant. My mw advised me against it, not sure how tables and things stand though.

I will have to start saying something I think!!

I have just noticed that you are 2 days ahead of me, looks like I have a bump buddy :) x

Absolutely!!!

I wouldn't risk moving stuff if you're not comfortable with it. I was meant to be playing netball yesterday which is meant to be ok in the first 12 weeks but I bailed because I didn't want to risk it. It's hard when you've had MCs before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back