Oooops not sure if I have shrunk the baby clothes!!!!!

Verity2011

Reaction score
I've been nesting like crazy so getting everything washed. Just put in a white load and followed the care instructions but it all looks super super teeny now!

Has anyone else had this?

Not sure if they've shrunk or because they're cotton they've scrunched and just need stretched/ ironed... any ideas?

Stretch them out carefully and hang them up to dry. The weight of the water will help them to stretch out. A little tip for the future, anything cotton or natural fibre you should expect up to 10% shrinkage. All the cotton/linen stuff I've bought is in a size larger than expected.

It's because the fabric makers stretch the fabrics by machine before selling them so they get more profit per metre......*******s!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

I also only wash on 30 deg c wash and I don't tumble dry. I leave to dry naturally and then give a quick 5 min spin in tumble to soften.xx

I thought mine looked smaller when they came out, but thought maybe it was cos I hung them to dry next to my clothes... They look so tiny in comparison! I washed at 40 degrees, so probably ave shrunk them a bit... Oops! :(

i was all my stuff at 95 degree's!! all my white stuff is from my son, and looks tiny, but i've got new unwashed things that look the same size, it might just be because they are small! x

I washed at 30 and then tumble dryed at half heat and luckly nothing has shrunk! Maybe they look smaller than you remember? x

Thanks ladies - I'm hoping that perhaps they are just teeny because they're baby clothes but may just dampen them and give them a little stretch out as well...

I stopped washing at 30 as my clothes still stink and weren't cleaned properly so now its a 40 wash minimum. Plus I've found that half my clothes are ruined as I have super strength sweat and it has dried in and won't wash out :( my sons clothes are fine just wish someone would invent something to get out the sweat so I didn't have to keep throwing clothes out :( x

Iron against the thread this way you are restretching them :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back