Ooooowwwwww

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
At my mw appt on Monday, I mentioned the horrible pains I have been having the past couple of weeks when walking etc. she said it was spd :(

Today is the most painful day so day :cry: hurts so much to walk (hurts more when moving my left leg than my right) and I have to go up the street. It's only a 2-3 min walk away (or 15 min waddle for me now) but Im dreading it! I have to go cos the post office have 2 presents I need for Xmas and I desperately need my eyebrows waxing and we need loo roll :lol: that stuff we can't go without!

Just gonna have to bite the bullet and go for it.

And we r decorating Pip's room today (at long last) so I know that isn't gonna help :(

Any tips from u poor ladies that suffer from spd? xx

:hug: oh babe! It's a migt are isn't it? Take paracetomal trust me it does no harm to bubs and u need something to take the edge off :hug: make sure u keep ur knees together as much as u can!
Avoid vacuuming etc and lifting the washing!
Get OH to wait on u!
I get upset when ppl get spd cos I know how horrible it is

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

Awwwwww I'm so sorry hon! I don't have any suggestions but I really hope you manage to get through the day today and sit in Pip's room resting while you supervise OH on the decorating! xxxxx

Thanks hun. Paracetamol never seems to do anythin for me but I'll give it another go.

And the only position I can get comfy in is legs apart cos bump gets in the way! Will have to make a conscious effort to keep legs closed :lol:

xxx

Aw bad times hun.

I have this too, my tips are.

1. Keep your legs closed as much as possible. Don't cross your legs or curl up on sofa this makes it worse.

2. Plastic bag on your car seat so you can swivel out of car and keep legs closed.

3. Take small steps and use lifts where possible.

4. Roll up a duvet and place it down the middle of your bed to wedge you in and stop you turning over at night.

5. Rest when it starts hurting.

6. Don't sit down for too long, try to move every half an hour for a little walk etc.

7. Don't go swimming.

8. Don't bend your back bend your knees.

9. Take the painkillers!!

Aw bad times hun.

I have this too, my tips are.

1. Keep your legs closed as much as possible. Don't cross your legs or curl up on sofa this makes it worse.

2. Plastic bag on your car seat so you can swivel out of car and keep legs closed.

3. Take small steps and use lifts where possible.

4. Roll up a duvet and place it down the middle of your bed to wedge you in and stop you turning over at night.

5. Rest when it starts hurting.

6. Don't sit down for too long, try to move every half an hour for a little walk etc.

7. Don't go swimming.

8. Don't bend your back bend your knees.

9. Take the painkillers!!

Lol it is the rules to live by! Also if paracetomal aren't helping see ur gp as they can prescribe co codamol x

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

Aaaww its awful isnt it? walk nice and slow even if it takes you twice as long and dont carry heavy stuff. I find a bath helps sometimes when its not too severe. Be careful decorating, when i first got SPD i had days when i thought i was ok, did too much then was in agony a few hours later xx

Ooh like the carrier bag idea! Im really struggling with the car at the minute x

Will do, thanks ladies.

Dr prescribed me co codamol when I had my migraines but they made me sick :(

Gonna do what we normally do when decorating. DH does the top half of the room (he is 6ft 2" and has sciatica do can't bend) and I do the bottom of the room siting on the floor (I'm 5ft 2" ad now have spd!) that should work quite well as normal.

xx

Aww its horrible im worse at night so don't have many more suggestions than the other ladies but you can get a bump band that is meant to help take some of the pressure away. I used one early on but i out grew mine and it made me feel sick lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back