Only eating fruit

J_Anne

Reaction score
Hi! LO is now 6.5 months and is doing well with BLW however she will only really eat fruit. And she'll eat bucket loads of the stuff! She will occasionally eat yoghurt (I put it on a spoon for her to grab) and cheese. I offer her a big variety, for example for tea I gave her strips of belly pork (she's spent half an hour sucking on some beef fat before...!) roasted peppers and slices of mushroom roasted with cheese. She wouldn't even try it, she's a little bugger and will decide as soon as its in front of her that she doesn't want it and throws it on the floor.

After a while, I offered her some mango left from breakfast and she ate 3 strips. I made her some fruit smoothies to keep in the freezer for "emergencies" and she slurped down a whole one of those, so she's obviously wanting to eat. I feel like I shouldn't be giving in as such by offering her fruit but on the other hand I'm sure she's too young to think "if I don't eat this ill get mango!!" What should I do? I can't help feeling like she needs other things too. Any advice?xx

Would she eat fruit with something else? I'm thinking banana on toast? Or tomatoes on toast ( if you class that a fruit?!)

Or fruit with cereal, porridge or weetabix?

From what I know about BLW is that in the early days they will refuse or not eat much, but just to keep offering things and she will try it one day.

My boy is a bit like your girl but he is a carb fiend.....bread, pasta, potatoes.....will gobble gobble gobble, but other things he just picks at and won't really try protein, unless it's mixed in with his carbs!

My health visitor said it is bad practise to offer their favourite foods immediately after they have refused a meal with good variety, she said they will make up for it later in another meal. So I've taken this to mean that I will try once a day introducing a new food combined ŵith foods I know he likes and for the other meals I just give him what I know he likes.

When she has toast/bagels etc she just sucks it until she's eaten whatever is on it has gone then it goes on the floor! She will eat dry baguette occasionally, if we're out and that's what I'm having.

Ok, that's what I though to be honest, I suppose I just want her to eat so I end up giving her what I know she will! She will sometimes try weetabix and porridge. She will eat really well at breakfast, not too bad at lunch then hardly anything at tea time, unless daddy is at home and eating with her!!

The premise of BLW is they take what they want / need.

I am not sure if I totally believe this but I have noticed James has been a carb monster since he has been on the move.

I had months and months of having almost everything I offered {literally and metaphorically} thrown back in my face but it does get better!

xxxx

Thanks Nat. I think I'm finding it hard to believe too. I just keep thinking that if a baby weaned on purées only ate fruit purée, people would probably be concerned?

I hope so! I spend literally all day thinking about what to give her to eat and she just turns her nose up! Haha!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back