one step hpt any good?

Topsy

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Have just received the one step hpts that I ordered from ebay. I'm only 9dpo but I'm tempted to test early what's the best way to use them and are they any good? I've also got a frer coming should I just wait and use that? Any advice would be great :)

Thanks xx

I would say 9dpo is too early hun and clear blue's are crap (in my opnion anyway!)

When is AF due?

xxxxxxxxx

Not due till wednesday was going to try hold off till the thurs but its difficult knowing I have them there, need to be strong ha ha

Xx

Not due till wednesday was going to try hold off till the thurs but its difficult knowing I have them there, need to be strong ha ha

Xx

I would def wait as long as you can (I say this from experience LOL)

xxxxxxxxxx

clearblues always have an evap line!! its so horrid when its really a bfn! FRER are best and i agree with Nat, hold off as long as you can hunny

Last edited:
Hold off i tested with one step from 9dpo and got nothing , it makes you so disheartened. I'd use the FRER at 13dpo for a good chance at a good result x

I found them rubbish, I got a BFN at 11DPO with FMU then later on in the day got my BFP with an FRER and a digi.

if you HAVE to use them make sure you let your wee cool to room temp, then leave them an hour or so then shine a light (like the torch from your phone if you have an app) behind them and then you might see a line. Thats what i had to do the first few days until really faint lines started appearing!

Don't use one step hpt (opks are ok) or blue dye tests especially clearblue.
I got a bfn on a one step with the same fmu when my digi said 1-2 xx

Same as the other girls said. I did manage to get the crappest BFP off a one step at 10/11 dpo after I fished it out of a bin 12 hours later just to check it again. FR gave me my proper BFP. I would hold out testing for as long as poss if you can.

I've been using the One Steps and have got good, clear positives since the day AF was due. Did 3 within an hour and all came up clearly. Did a digi a couple of hours later and got 2-3 weeks. So I personally haven't had an issue with One Step tests, but it probably is best to wait until AFs due if you can hold out!
Good luck and fingers crossed for you!
x

I tested the day before AF was due with a one step and got a really faint positive then confirmed with a CB Digi.

Definately wait as close as possible to when AF is due.

xx

Last edited:
Don't use one step hpt (opks are ok) or blue dye tests especially clearblue.
I got a bfn on a one step with the same fmu when my digi said 1-2 xx

lol omg cosmic your drama was intense

Last edited:
Thanks girls going to hold off and wait to see if af comes first. Getting the same symptoms as I did before my last bfp so I think if I tested to early and got a bfn it would depress me xx

I think I'm the only one who likes one steps, I got a really clear line at 9dpo! and it wasnt fmu ???

I've used the one steps too - though had to confirm it with a CB digi. First I used a OPK and got a line (approx 2 days before af was due), the next evening I tried a one step HPT and got a very faint, barely there line, fmu the next morning with another one step gave me a better line. And we confirmed it with fmu and CD digi.

I always pee'd in a cup to test, left for a minute, dipped and left the HPT on the side for a few mins. Though the barely there one was about an hour later after I'd already binned in!!

I got my first bfp on one steps an was really clear!! So I'm a fan im afraid wasn't even fmu either then I confirme it wit digi the next morning an got 3+ on cb!!

But I would deffo wait as long as u can seeing unnecessary bfn is disheartening!!
Good luck wen u final crack an test thou!!
X x

Rach :) x x

I got my first bfp on one steps an was really clear!! So I'm a fan im afraid wasn't even fmu either then I confirme it wit digi the next morning an got 3+ on cb!!

But I would deffo wait as long as u can seeing unnecessary bfn is disheartening!!
Good luck wen u final crack an test thou!!
X x

if you got 3+ on a digi then you were probably well over a week late for your period. They are meant to be ultra early tests, to start testing 6 days BEFORE your period.

when my digi was showing 1-2 weeks, the one steps were negative.

No I was only couple days late actually not Wel over a week!
Was only saying I didn't have prob with them I no I didn't test early soz!!!

if you got 3+ on a digi then you were probably well over a week late for your period. They are meant to be ultra early tests, to start testing 6 days BEFORE your period.

when my digi was showing 1-2 weeks, the one steps were negative.

I had a good result with them as well.
I tested on the day I was due and it was really dark, so I can only assume that had I tested early I would have been getting a faint line. My digi came up 2-3 even though Af was only due that day and I have a really regular 28/29 day cycle.
I know it is only assumption but I really think my One Steps would have given me something early. All speculation though!
x

No I was only couple days late actually not Wel over a week!
Was only saying I didn't have prob with them I no I didn't test early soz!!!

you must have been more than a few days late if you got 3+ on a digi?? unless you have a 21 day luteal phase after ovulation instead of the average 14?

at 3+ weeks on a digi your doctor would say you were 5 weeks pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back