one step hpt any good?

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by Topsy, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Topsy

Topsy Well-Known Member

Hi Girls

Have just received the one step hpts that I ordered from ebay. I'm only 9dpo but I'm tempted to test early what's the best way to use them and are they any good? I've also got a frer coming should I just wait and use that? Any advice would be great :)

Thanks xx

2. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

I would say 9dpo is too early hun and clear blue's are crap (in my opnion anyway!)

When is AF due?

xxxxxxxxx

3. Topsy

Topsy Well-Known Member

Not due till wednesday was going to try hold off till the thurs but its difficult knowing I have them there, need to be strong ha ha

Xx

4. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

I would def wait as long as you can (I say this from experience LOL)

xxxxxxxxxx

5. netty

netty Well-Known Member

clearblues always have an evap line!! its so horrid when its really a bfn! FRER are best and i agree with Nat, hold off as long as you can hunny

#5 netty, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  6. kirstymichelle

kirstymichelle Well-Known Member

Hold off i tested with one step from 9dpo and got nothing , it makes you so disheartened. I'd use the FRER at 13dpo for a good chance at a good result x

7. Lynds77

Lynds77 Well-Known Member

I found them rubbish, I got a BFN at 11DPO with FMU then later on in the day got my BFP with an FRER and a digi.

if you HAVE to use them make sure you let your wee cool to room temp, then leave them an hour or so then shine a light (like the torch from your phone if you have an app) behind them and then you might see a line. Thats what i had to do the first few days until really faint lines started appearing!

8. cosmicgirl

cosmicgirl Well-Known Member

Don't use one step hpt (opks are ok) or blue dye tests especially clearblue.
    I got a bfn on a one step with the same fmu when my digi said 1-2 xx

9. NinjaKitty

NinjaKitty Well-Known Member

Same as the other girls said. I did manage to get the crappest BFP off a one step at 10/11 dpo after I fished it out of a bin 12 hours later just to check it again. FR gave me my proper BFP. I would hold out testing for as long as poss if you can.

10. Sarah7

Sarah7 Well-Known Member

I've been using the One Steps and have got good, clear positives since the day AF was due. Did 3 within an hour and all came up clearly. Did a digi a couple of hours later and got 2-3 weeks. So I personally haven't had an issue with One Step tests, but it probably is best to wait until AFs due if you can hold out!
    Good luck and fingers crossed for you!
    x

11. Karate Kid

Karate Kid Well-Known Member

I tested the day before AF was due with a one step and got a really faint positive then confirmed with a CB Digi.

Definately wait as close as possible to when AF is due.

xx

#11 Karate Kid, Feb 17, 2012
  12. netty

netty Well-Known Member

lol omg cosmic your drama was intense

#12 netty, Feb 17, 2012
  13. Topsy

Topsy Well-Known Member

Thanks girls going to hold off and wait to see if af comes first. Getting the same symptoms as I did before my last bfp so I think if I tested to early and got a bfn it would depress me xx

14. tweetyfoo

tweetyfoo Well-Known Member

I think I'm the only one who likes one steps, I got a really clear line at 9dpo! and it wasnt fmu ???

15. Lou12

Lou12 Well-Known Member

I've used the one steps too - though had to confirm it with a CB digi. First I used a OPK and got a line (approx 2 days before af was due), the next evening I tried a one step HPT and got a very faint, barely there line, fmu the next morning with another one step gave me a better line. And we confirmed it with fmu and CD digi.

I always pee'd in a cup to test, left for a minute, dipped and left the HPT on the side for a few mins. Though the barely there one was about an hour later after I'd already binned in!!

16. shorty88

shorty88 Well-Known Member

I got my first bfp on one steps an was really clear!! So I'm a fan im afraid wasn't even fmu either then I confirme it wit digi the next morning an got 3+ on cb!!

But I would deffo wait as long as u can seeing unnecessary bfn is disheartening!!
    Good luck wen u final crack an test thou!!
    X x

Rach :) x x

17. Lynds77

if you got 3+ on a digi then you were probably well over a week late for your period. They are meant to be ultra early tests, to start testing 6 days BEFORE your period.

when my digi was showing 1-2 weeks, the one steps were negative.

18. shorty88

shorty88 Well-Known Member

No I was only couple days late actually not Wel over a week!
    Was only saying I didn't have prob with them I no I didn't test early soz!!!

Rach :) x x

19. Sarah7

Sarah7 Well-Known Member

I had a good result with them as well.
    I tested on the day I was due and it was really dark, so I can only assume that had I tested early I would have been getting a faint line. My digi came up 2-3 even though Af was only due that day and I have a really regular 28/29 day cycle.
    I know it is only assumption but I really think my One Steps would have given me something early. All speculation though!
    x

20. Lynds77

you must have been more than a few days late if you got 3+ on a digi?? unless you have a 21 day luteal phase after ovulation instead of the average 14?

at 3+ weeks on a digi your doctor would say you were 5 weeks pregnant.