One Born Every Minute

nikkie88

Reaction score
I don't know if its the day i've had or because i'm tired, but i'm gettin angry about OBEM filming what seems to be teenage mum's who have no Concept of how lucky they are to be having a baby, and their attitude stinks.

the 17 y/o (council estate trash who belongs on Jeremy Kyle) on it tonight is already irritating me.

I get the impression the show's stereotyping a young mum with the use of a teen mum who clearly has had an unfortunate upbringing...

LET THERE BE A "NORMAL" Pregnant lady on it soon before i have a Maternal FIT! lol..

Well, not everyone wants to have their births showed on television, so I'm guessing it might not be the people making OBEM that only chose those women/couples, but rather that those are the ones who are willing to have such a private moment exposed on tv??

There have been quite a few teenage mums on OBEM so far and not all of them were like her. I know she was young but she did seem to have a really bad attitude, particularly when she wouldn't let the midwives examine her. Surely you'd want to do what was best for baby however much pain you're in. Also found it quite disgusting how her friend was like 'have you been out for a fag yet, you should sneak out' - erm she was a 17 year old in labour...there's so many things wrong with that statement.

On the other hand, the old woman did brilliantly! xx

Ye it was quite shocking how that young mum was acting, loved the other lady though, she was brilliant! Did so well

I loved the older lady she was lovely, the 17 year old im sorry but I think she was so selfish not being examined surely its about what's best for your baby xx

I'm hopping into this trimester, but the 17 year old really irritated me too

i understand some young mums are brilliant mothers and genuinely get into a situation they dont want to. But she just had a rotten attitude and not letting them examine her because it "hurt"... what did she think labour was going to feel like. She was just wrong. And the paternity being doubted at the end jus says it all!

Wouldn't suprise me if she was on Jeremy Kyle in the morning. Xx

Haha yeah i did think that summed up the whole situation quite well. From the swearing, the kfc in the delivery suite, the smoking, the badly fitting bra to doubted paternity x

The other lady was brilliant though. i especially liked the "Ham Sandwich, Ingredients: Ham" :) lol.. and "c'mon get out, they're busy" lol Bless her

She was so lovley she just didn't want to be a pain. Made me laugh when midwife said I can't belive your eating through a contraction and she replys with oh am I having a contraction lol xx

The apparent father of the baby annoyed me more to be honest! Not coming in the room during her contractions 'because he was scared'.. well how the hell did he think she felt! Arggh! :wall2:

I can see what you mean though, some of the young people who've been filmed do come across as a bit selfish and irresponsible. But who am I to judge, I don't know them.

Tonights episode scared me actually, which is a first! And oh my goodness, next weeks episode looks even worse! I may have to hide behind a pillow.. starting to get a bit antsy about labour now I know mine is fast approaching! :shock:

That bit made me laugh. Lol - hope my contractions are like that. Lol

haha, wud b nice to munch ur way thru contractions! lol

as i said to my friend "i dont know whats more scary, seeing what giving birth is all about or some of the people actually having the babies!" I am trying not to be judgemental but its really hard sometimes!! Although i find the programme interesting and informative i do wonder why on earth people are happy to put themselves giving birth on telly?!?!? I dont care how much i would be paid, there is NO WAY i would do that! Have to say that i think themidwives are brilliant, i especially like the Sister, cant remember her name at the moment. Very professional though.

i didnt enjoy last nights one anywhere near as much as last weeks. the disabled lady was sooo lovely and amazing, and i cried bucket loads throughout, especially when she was asking if they were going to take her baby away. That was by far best episode as it really tackled a lot of social issues as well as giving birth, so I hope they show more different, interesting and amazing couples and situations soon, not jus young mums and the screamers lol

Next week looked like the girl was about 13 screaming for her mum. Its anoying because people judge me in the same way as these girls really selfish and only interested in themselves and not their babies. When im not. Grrr. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back