*** One Born Every Minute Chat Thread - Starts 22/03/2016 ***

russellmuscle

Reaction score
:wave:

So I am super excited that its that time of yer again. Time for OBEM to start as of next Tuesday (date as above)! :cheer:

I love how I view it now. I watched it whilst pregnant with Jackson and I dont think I was fully aware how magical the birth of a child is. I watch it every year now and probably as the years have gone on Ive got more emotional. Probably because I am more broody. :blush:

So feel free to chat and cry and awe at the cuteness and amzingness of it all. Thought Id alert you all because someone asked about it last month I think? :oooo: (twinkles?)

Im so glad they didnt cap it - some journals seemed to think it showed horror stories. Me watching it when I was 21 about to have a baby actually reassured me that no matter the panic, baby usually gets here. Its actually one of the most real things in the world is giving birth and its so diff for everyone. :D

Im excited to have my OBEM tradition. OH will no doubt give the odd sigh as I sit spluttering away, but he will be doing the spluttering in 7m time!! :lol: he wept like Jesus at Jacksons birth.

Gah! I am so excited!

xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up... I'll be watching it as long as I haven't gone into labour ;) As a ltttcer ive only allowed myself to start watching it whilst pregnant and mustve watched a marathon of the old ones from 2012 or something. Looking forward to the new series :)

Haha, I've just started watching this on catch up whilst I have been off work ill the past few days! Really need to go back to work because I think I am getting obsessed and I think it freaks me out a bit! xx

Love watching it can't wait!! Xxx

Looking forward to see it. I watch it every year waiting for it to be my turn so I will be waiting to see all be stories and beautiful babies born

2 days. Ive pissed glitter twice seeing the advert.

Just want to see all the squishy babies and cry in reminiscence or just cry because its a happy ending. Usually.

A week on Tuesday Ill get my scan so it next weeks episode can count me down to my scan.

xxxx

2 days. Ive pissed glitter twice seeing the advert.

Just want to see all the squishy babies and cry in reminiscence or just cry because its a happy ending. Usually.

A week on Tuesday Ill get my scan so it next weeks episode can count me down to my scan.

xxxx

Hahahaha I have never heard that phrase before- and I love glitter! :rotfl:

Squishy is a good word, just want to stroke their little head and little faces. Awww scan picture to look forward to, yay!!! xx

I like it and hate it in equal quantities LOL

I couldn't stand it when not pregnant (caught the odd bit occasionally but didn't really watch it), but then since getting pregnant this time I've watched most of them over the course of a few days/weeks lol.

I like the ones in Leeds mainly as it's fairly local to me, but mostly because they have the lovely birthing rooms with the rope seat and the pool. And a fair few of the Leeds births were active.

I dislike it when the women spend the whole labour (or what of it that gets shown!) laid on their back strapped to monitors and usually with an epidural. They seem to go from talking about nothing/moaning to a midwife coming in and telling them "you can push now" and then the baby is born.
Which fair enough might seem a 'good' way of having it, but it's unnatural and doesn't do women any favours when you're led to believe it's normal to birth confined to a bed and need telling when to push etc.

I will be watching the new series though ;) lol

Last edited:
I like it and hate it in equal quantities LOL

I couldn't stand it when not pregnant (caught the odd bit occasionally but didn't really watch it), but then since getting pregnant this time I've watched most of them over the course of a few days/weeks lol.

I like the ones in Leeds mainly as it's fairly local to me, but mostly because they have the lovely birthing rooms with the rope seat and the pool. And a fair few of the Leeds births were active.

I dislike it when the women spend the whole labour (or what of it that gets shown!) laid on their back strapped to monitors and usually with an epidural. They seem to go from talking about nothing/moaning to a midwife coming in and telling them "you can push now" and then the baby is born.
Which fair enough might seem a 'good' way of having it, but it's unnatural and doesn't do women any favours when you're led to believe it's normal to birth confined to a bed and need telling when to push etc.

I will be watching the new series though ;) lol

I agree they do tend to show alot of laying around but I often too then think that those always seem the kind to say ohhh i cant do it anymore i cant do it, like the proper wingey ones :lol:

I think it depends on your own mind set for what you want during labour too, some people do genuinely expect that of labour :p I was active then on a bed tbf but he was out fairly quick. Ive seen a few of the active ones. Id like to be more active next time.

I imagine it is a bit exaggerated or edited to hell but compared to towie, its fairly real :p

xxxx

I agree they do tend to show alot of laying around but I often too then think that those always seem the kind to say ohhh i cant do it anymore i cant do it, like the proper wingey ones :lol:

xxxx

Yes lol, that's what I mean, the whinging ones who are laid there moaning/whinging about stuff and how they can't do it etc and then a midwife comes in and tells them they are ready to push :roll: LOL

In general though I do like seeing the babies being born, just would like a few more 'natural' active labours and a few less strapped to the bed kinds lol.

Omg, I was an avid watcher before I got pregnant and now birth makes me all a bit queezy! I've recorded it, I do love the stories and the cute lil babies though x

Just watching last nights. Omg those triplets couldn't be more different! X

I've just started watching it too.

I bet I cry!!

I so badly want to do this again.

XX

I watched it yesterday.

I cried at every birth.

I cannot wait for labour again! One of the best experiences.

xxxx

Oh I've still got Tuesdays to catch up on.

Decent telly and some new PJs tonight :cheer:

xxxx

I've still got Tuesday's to watch as well!

Love obem!!

XX

Ive not stopped and just about to sit down to tea so Ill watch it.

I must bump the page so I remember. Thank god for series record, and on demand. Fab things for mums.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back