One boob or two?

Rosieroo

Reaction score
When I feed Ella I normally give her both boobs as she doesn't seem that satisfied after one. But I don't know if I put her on the other one too soon.

Normally she comes off after about 15 mins and I either change her and give her the other one, or just give it to her.

If I just gave her the one boob at each feed would that stimulate it to start producing more milk? :?

when i was in hospital the midwives were advising people to use both because otherwise i think one would produce more than the other.

they said that the baby should come off themselves when they are finished (or fall asleep) and you should either offer the other breast or just make sure you switch sides for the next feed.

I have been told all sorts of conflicting advice on this (there's a surprise hey :D ). I have been told to feed from one then when they have come off that one, then offer the second one. Then next feed offer the last boob first. I have also been told that if they fall asleep at the boob or have only a small snack then I should offer that boob next as they won't have had the hind milk. Then another person told me I should keep eeding them off the one boob, if they come off and want mor to put them back on the same boob. So I have just ignored them all now. I will feed Seren, if she still seems hungry I will offer her the other one (or if I am engorged I will offer her it to try and make it feel better). Sometimes she is just happy with the one boob, other times she wants both?? Not much help I know :wink:

I never get engorged anymore unless it's first thing in the morning :?

My auntie used to feed for about 40 mins, but only have to feed off of one boob.

I know everyone is different, but I hate not feeling like I've got enough milk. I'd prefer it if I had too much and had to express iykwim!

rosieroo said:
I never get engorged anymore unless it's first thing in the morning :?

My auntie used to feed for about 40 mins, but only have to feed off of one boob.

I know everyone is different, but I hate not feeling like I've got enough milk. I'd prefer it if I had too much and had to express iykwim!

I think its because I am not in a routine, I am still demand feeding Seren and there is no set pattern. Since we have started putting her to sleep earlier I am more engorged at night and can express a couple of ounces, before this I always felt empty so it shows that your body is making milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back