One baby then two MCs - any advice?

Silverhurst

Reaction score
Hi

Firstly I just want to say sorry to everyone who's suffered a MC. My broken heart bleeds for you too.

I've just had my second MC in 3 months at 6 weeks and I'm totally stunned. First was in April - a MMC followed by a D&C. This time all natural but still as traumatising, especially as I'd seen a heartbeat just 2 days before I started to MC.

I am extremely lucky to have an amazing 2 year old son - my pregnancy with him was textbook. I didn't realise until now how lucky i was.

But now I've had 2 MCs in a row and I'm petrified of having another one. i don't think I can go through the pain and loss again but desperately want to have another baby.

Has anyone had 2 MCs and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? How long did you wait before TTC? I wonder if we rushed into this pregnancy after our first MC. The gynaecologist in A&E said I should have waited 2-3 cycles rather than 1 but all other docs told me 1 cycle was ok. She made me feel like I'd done something wrong/brought this MC on myself by not waiting.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!

Hi silver,

I'm so sorry for your losses :hug: I've been ttc my second for 16 months and had 2 early losses. I have months where I'm positive about it all and others where I'm devastated and feel like I just cannot pick myself up to continue this journey. I had no problems getting pregnant with my son (third cycle after coming off the pill) and had a very easy trouble free pregnancy. I never for a second thought this would happen second time around!

We had the first loss in November, waited a cycle and then tried again. Had another loss in April and had nothing since. I didn't wait at all after that time, I was just so empty and desperate to fill that hole. I'm utterly terrified I have a third, but I'm trying to stay positive that that is more unlikely. I keep telling myself the day I get my baby in my arms will make it all worthwhile, but if I'm honest I am terrified a third might break me!

Don't feel like that at all, you really done nothing wrong to cause a miscarriage. I know doctors don't often engage their brains before they open their mouths. The advice is one cycle so please don't think you done anything wrong!

Here any time you want to chat xxx

Hey,

Sorry about your losses it's horrible to go through, I myself have an almost three year old daughter and last year suffered 3miscarriages 2 normal ones 3rd one MMC very painful, lost a lot of blood lost consciousness hubby thought I was dying and I was taking in an ambulance they removed the fetus whilst I was awake no aneasthetic very painful. I said after this I wouldn't try again, in April I was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden heterozygous. (One of my genetics has the ability to clot 5 X more likely than a normal person) can caused losses in early and late pregnancy. Last week I asked my husband to try again to which he agreed so I am currently arranging for blood thinners.

Don't give up, you have had one baby you will get another one. So sorry again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back