On cd15, got EWCM, negative opks - did i miss it?

elviedee

Reaction score
I'm new to using opks so i'm only used to stressing about af not ovulation and timing of it so much... i've tested pretty much every day this cycle apart from days 7 & 8 i think - i normally have a 28 day cycle but last month it was 30. I've still not had a positive opk. Is it possible I missed it, or the tests just haven't picked it up?

My OH came home from working away when I got myself into a tissy the other day but had to go back early this morning. we spent a lot of "time" together lol and I was hoping we'd caught OV but I just took an opk and its negative again - but I've got ewcm & weird bubbly feelings that I normally associate with ovulation at this time in my cycle.

What do you reckon? Have I missed it, or has it not happened yet? Also, seeing as last time we BD'd was last night and OH not back till saturday evening, if I haven't Ov'd do u think there's still a chance?

Wish I wasn't so stressy :doh:

x

the downfall of OPK's is that they detect the LH surge which in some women can be as short as 10 hours!! :shock: Although for most women it's about 24

So basically if you test once a day and your surge is a normal one then you should detect it but if it's short then there's a chance you could miss it.

I would say with a 30 day cycle if your LP is 14 days then you could still OV tomorrow. If you've got EWCM then you're probably fertile so keep testing until the EWCM dries up

Oh.....and get BDing!! :rotfl:

wish i could get BDing, but OH working away till saturday! such a pain in the arse!

I guess I just don't really know how reliable opks are - never used em before and a bit concerned if it doesn't pick anything up that there's something wrong with me

x

Don't worry if you don't detect a surge, lots of women don't get + on opks and still get pregnant.

They're great for reassurance but rely more so on your EWCM to detect your fertile time.

Good luck for this cycle. Get BD'ing when your DH gets home on Saturday :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back