Omg!

tambo1976

Reaction score
I'm a bit speechless right now but I have to share what just happened!

Just in the bath with Scott and all of a sudden he just nuzzles into me and latches on! I was just stunned so left him there happily guzzling away lol! After a few minutes I take him off and give my boob a squeeze and milk just starts flowing out and he lets out a big burp!

Stunned, amazed and shocked :)

Bare in mind I haven't expressed for over 3 weeks I really am stunned there's still milk, my boobs are tiny again lol

So right now I am sat on the sofa with Scott having a drink haha! Don't know where we'll go from here but for now I'm going to let him drink whenever he wants xxx very happy!

tapatalkin

Awhh this is soo good! Hopefully you both can keep going :) x

Fantastic. Clever boy!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Awww that's great, maybe he was trying to "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" lol :) xx

Thanks ladies! Well so far so good and my little man has latched today about 6 times. I have obviously still been giving him formula because I don't think my supply is enough but he has only drank 2~3 ounce per bottle so he is definitely getting a fair amount of breast milk.

It's a shame he is a bloody chomper though, little sod has made my nipple bleed so atm I'm gritting my teeth and using liberal amounts of lasinoh lol.

Wish I had kept the pump now, I took it back only last week!, I could have pumped to stimulate more but the main thing is he actually latching and I can feed him as much as possible and cross my fingers my supply increases.

Wow, I'm so proud, even nursing a very sore nipple can't take away how happy I am right now :D

tapatalkin

Baby is much more proficient at stimulating supply anyway. Lots of massage and lots of latching and you will be on your way x

Tapatalking!

Eek this is exciting! Keep us updated! Hope he manages to keep it up and build your supply back up... I have a similar story when my lo was 4 weeks old, was ready to give up but only a week later everything seemed to click into place and still going strong at 18 weeks, perseverance is the key xxxx

tapatalking x

Thanks :) he only latches on my left boob so I'm expecting to be lopsided some time soon lol

I'm not even suffering the stress like I was before because he is still being formula fed so I'm not worried about him not getting enough. I'm just happy he is getting small, regular amounts of breastmilk x

tapatalkin

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372760116837.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372760116837.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 38
If you're not stressing and you're more relaxed that might be a reason it's working! Lol my lo prefers the left as well! I always have to start on that side or else there's trouble xxx

tapatalking x

If you're not stressing and you're more relaxed that might be a reason it's working! Lol my lo prefers the left as well! I always have to start on that side or else there's trouble xxx

tapatalking x

Your'e probably right tbh. When he wouldn't latch I would 9 times out of 10 end up in tears and begrudgingly give him a bottle then stomped off to pump x

Aww :-( no one ever tells you how stressful it is to start off with! I think it's the hardest thing I've ever done! Nothing worse than being sleep deprived and stressed out to the max on top of a fussy baby. Keep going though, you seem to have turned a huge corner x

tapatalking x

Awww this has given me hope!! My little girl has stopped latching on after I have her a bottle once because i was in sooo much pain! (Big regret)
Now I'm expressing as much as possible and giving it her through a bottle. She does sometimes go for my boob but then just lays with it in her mouth, before gettin frustrated. So I've stopped giving it her as it get us both upset. I'm going to try her in a min when her feeds due and maybe just try her every time before feeds. Fx!!

And well done tambo:) it's amazing xxx

Tapatalking. X

Thanks again ladies :hug:

Good luck Bek! It has taken Scott until now, over 8 weeks old, to finally get it. I hope so much your little girl manages, I believe persistence is the key. For some reason Scott always loves being fed in the bath and that is where he found my boob again lol so try that.

He is still drinking formula but I breastfeed him as well several times a day. He has really hurt my nipple though, it's actually bruised and has been bleeding but I'm gritting my teeth and hoping it'll heal and toughen up over time.

My only concern is that I never hear him swallowing, I hope to God he is actually drinking and not just using my boob as a dummy. It's so hard to tell! X

tapatalkin

Thanks :) he only latches on my left boob so I'm expecting to be lopsided some time soon lol.

Here's my little man right now, I'm so happy and I hope he keeps this up!

View attachment 39489

I'm not even suffering the stress like I was before because he is still being formula fed so I'm not worried about him not getting enough. I'm just happy he is getting small, regular amounts of breastmilk x

tapatalkin

That's an excellent latch he has. So pleased for you. Lasinoh is a life saver!

I have turbo boob. My right boob is the main feeder. It's about 4 cup sizes bigger than my left :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm so pleased for you both :)

I bf my son twice (young and after a long labour I was stressed and things went wrong etc)
My daughter I bf for nearly 12 weeks some of that was mixed thou x
My 2nd daughter until she was 6 months exclusively and mixed until 7 months :)

This time I hope I can do it for longer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back