omg waters?!..

mummyoftwo12

Reaction score
This morning I came downstairs with the girls to give them some breakfast and something just ran down my legs onto the floor..it was only a trickle not a gush but I'm freeking out..how can I tell if this was my waters or if I just embarrasingly pee'd myself..I'm getting period pains too and tightenings but I've had these before..any advice ladies??

I would put a maternity pad on so you can monitor the loss apparently they smell sweet!! Give hospital a call aswell they will need to know if it is your waters!! Exciting!!!!

oooh exciting! definitley sounds like the start of something! I heard that you can check if its waters by standing on a piece of newspaper or something and seeing if they continue to drip onto to it! fingers crossed it is! x

I would put a maternity pad on so you can monitor the loss apparently they smell sweet!! Give hospital a call aswell they will need to know if it is your waters!! Exciting!!!!

Agree :)

tapatalking!!

Yup...maternity pad and, as rank as it sounds, you might have to give it a sniff!! LOL! If it's your waters, it'll smell sweet apparently. MW at antenatal class said that if it's a "hind quarters leak" that it'll keep coming in trickles a bit at a time, so there'll be a little hole somewhere near the top of the amniotic sack that will keep letting small amounts of fluid out that will run down the outside of the sack and pool behind your cervix, then each time baby moves their head it lets a trickle out! She suggested that if you think this is what's happening, you can call your unit, but if you're not sure then monitor it over an hour or so cos if it is your waters it'll keep happening, in which case you need to call cos they'll want you straight in to check you out!!
Good luck & FX for you!!

Yup...maternity pad and, as rank as it sounds, you might have to give it a sniff!! LOL! If it's your waters, it'll smell sweet apparently. MW at antenatal class said that if it's a "hind quarters leak" that it'll keep coming in trickles a bit at a time, so there'll be a little hole somewhere near the top of the amniotic sack that will keep letting small amounts of fluid out that will run down the outside of the sack and pool behind your cervix, then each time baby moves their head it lets a trickle out! She suggested that if you think this is what's happening, you can call your unit, but if you're not sure then monitor it over an hour or so cos if it is your waters it'll keep happening, in which case you need to call cos they'll want you straight in to check you out!!
Good luck & FX for you!!

I think it is my hind waters..this happened with my second lg but I started contractions within an hour my waters didn't go till 7cm..but its trickling on and off..tmi but I pumped and more came running out..I've got a pad on aswell just incase..ill give my maternity ward a ring soon I think just incase xx

Thanks ladies will keep updated xx

LOVE IT!!! do enjoy a "before due date" labour story haha gives me hope!!

how exciting! xxxxx

How you doing, still trickling?! Lol hope you've phoned mat unit by now if you are!!
Hope all is well and we'll have a new labour thread and June baby soon!!
Good luck!!

Just a quick update..still havnt rang mw as I've had to come to sign my work off while I still can..still havnt had any constant contractions but have back ache and a few tightenings..the trickling seems to have stopped I'm not sure if it was hind waters this would just stop but I really feel it deff wasn't pee :s lol..ill be finished here around 3 then gonna ring mw to see what they suggest..not getting my hopes up too much but hopefully something else wil happen soon! Lol xx

Rang the midwife and she said to keep an eye on it and if I get anymore leaking to ring back and they will probs ask to come in to check the pad xx

Ohhhhh goodluck huni!!

I hope its all good news and baba is on the way! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back