omg! this cant be right.

smokey08

Reaction score
Hi ladies, how are you all and your LOs?
Sorry I havnt been on in the last few days, have been up the walls.
I've noticed when winding Mia, every so often its like she gets a build up of a massive ball of wind, but when she's getting it up, she makes the most horrific noise kind of like an adults empty retch and her little face goes all red...its awful...she doesn't cry. Or anything after and she doesn't go off her feed. She also coughs when being winded. I'm sooo worried about her, but don't want to be a drama queen. Anyone any idea what's causing this? Or is it normal?
Thanks girls. Xxx :)

Caleb does this every so often hun, I was really worried but my HV said it was fine. He hasn't been burping as much as he used to these days... Check if you're unsure though to put your mind at rest xx

Leandro kinda does that now and again. Is it like shes gagging. Then when she does burp is it a massive one? Leandro does it once every couple of days but seems afterwards. Only once he did projectile vomit but that was as he burped and after I patted him while he was on his tummy which I dont normally do xxx

No idea hun sorry but didn't want to read and run :hug: do you use infacol or colief or some thing like that? It might help a little breaking the wind up.

Could you mention it to the hv? Xx

Niknaks...it is a massive burp she has when this happens.
Phew its normal. It just sounds so loud and horrible, it kinda scares me.
Will say it to doc at next appointment. I just didn't want to run to him for every little thing. Xx

Not 100% as he is only nearly 4 weeks but could he need a bigger teat size? I know they dont reccommend changing untill 3 months but maybe he is taking a feed to slowly and taking in alot of air? I changed my LO at 2 months onto Dr Browns and she has been amazing since (she really struggled with wind on tt bottles...she would eaither squirm around and take a long time to feed or drink it and be sick instantly) Just a thought. Im a 1st time mummy so Im sure more experienced mummys can give you better advice.

Jaycee had the same, no harm in talking to ur hv if ur concerned xx

i used to think it happened to emma when she was talking and burping at the same time?

I was told to change to bigger Yeats with all of mine at bout a week old ! They were having to work too hard to get the milk and were getting tired ! Does sound normal though Hun Rhea does it every now and then xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back