omg im having my baby wednesday!!!

charlotte89

Reaction score
well what a day!! went up the hospital for a routine scan today because id been up the MAU with reduced movement twice and they told me in the scan baby is breech!! me and OH were totally shocked by this cuz we have been told for weeks by midwifes that baby is head down. apparently this is quite common and most women go into labour with breech babys because the head is easily mistaken for a bum. so to cut a long story short im having my baby wednesday! they told me his bum is already too engaged and with me bein 39 +1 im too far gone for them to try and turn him so its a c-section on wednesday mornin ! im gutted as i cant have a natural birth experience but lookin at the positives, this would of happened anyway cuz baby would not of turned by the time i went into labour so it would of had to be an emergency c-section! this way its nice and planed . i still havnt fully got over whats goin to happen lol im very excited and nervous xx

Oh, good luck. Make sure you have big knickers, loose trousers and 'air' your scar as much as possible. Also, you can;t hoover for 6 weeks - bonus!!!

thanks ladies :D and yes the not hoovering is defo a bonus lol xxx

well what a day!! went up the hospital for a routine scan today because id been up the MAU with reduced movement twice and they told me in the scan baby is breech!! me and OH were totally shocked by this cuz we have been told for weeks by midwifes that baby is head down. apparently this is quite common and most women go into labour with breech babys because the head is easily mistaken for a bum. so to cut a long story short im having my baby wednesday! they told me his bum is already too engaged and with me bein 39 +1 im too far gone for them to try and turn him so its a c-section on wednesday mornin ! im gutted as i cant have a natural birth experience but lookin at the positives, this would of happened anyway cuz baby would not of turned by the time i went into labour so it would of had to be an emergency c-section! this way its nice and planed . i still havnt fully got over whats goin to happen lol im very excited and nervous xx

Exciting news, good luck!! X

Very exciting! Shows how plans can get turned upside down so quickly!! Xx

Oh wow how exciting! I know it's a shame you can't do it naturally but I suppose if there's nothing that can be done then you may as well embrace it :) bet you're well excited come Wednesday xx

Eek. Roll on wednesday.
Make the most of your last night tomoro with just the OH xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

yep plans go out the window alot of the time in preg it just shows baby is in control the whole time! , very excited and nervous yeah, dont think il be gettin much sleep tonight lol xx

Eek. Roll on wednesday.
Make the most of your last night tomoro with just the OH xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

will do kel! cant wait see me lil labour/c-sec thread when im next on here lol just tell your lil man to not even think about makin an appearance wed or thurs cuz i cant do your thread til after im out of hosp!! lol xx

Glad they found out now and hope everything goes smoothly on weds x

Ohh my goodness how exciting!! The first august mummy to get her baby. Not sure if u know but im having a c sec too on the 12th for a breechy aswell, although ive had a while to get my head around this as ive known for a few weeks. Must of been huge shock for u. When it was confirmed for me i felt abit disappointed too that the exciting & spontanious labour i had imagined wasnt going to happen but you adjust & look forward to meeting ur baby regardless how they get here. Just focus on the positives, thats what i try to do, baby will be here the safest way possible & u can be fully prepared for their arrival. Youve two days to enjoy ur freedom so relax & dont worry about it, babys make their own plans which are out of our control! Cant wait to Wed to hear how u get on & see pics. Good Luck!!!!!! xx

Ohh my goodness how exciting!! The first august mummy to get her baby. Not sure if u know but im having a c sec too on the 12th for a breechy aswell, although ive had a while to get my head around this as ive known for a few weeks. Must of been huge shock for u. When it was confirmed for me i felt abit disappointed too that the exciting & spontanious labour i had imagined wasnt going to happen but you adjust & look forward to meeting ur baby regardless how they get here. Just focus on the positives, thats what i try to do, baby will be here the safest way possible & u can be fully prepared for their arrival. Youve two days to enjoy ur freedom so relax & dont worry about it, babys make their own plans which are out of our control! Cant wait to Wed to hear how u get on & see pics. Good Luck!!!!!! xx

thank you :D yes babys are totally n the drivin seat when they are in our bellys ! yes i saw you were having your c-section, tell baby stay in until then ! lol it is very gutting at first but then ya just sort of think, hang on its out of my hands i cant help it. was your baby engaged already? is that why they wouldnt try turn baby? they told me im too far gone and bum has already started to engage so havnt had a choice else i dont know if id of opted to try turn him :eh: i dunno. xx

Last edited:
How exciting! Good luck for Wednesday! x

Good luck for Wednesday, eeeeekkkk!! Enjoy your day tomorrow and try get lots of rest and relaxation in xxx

thank you :D yes babys are totally n the drivin seat when they are in our bellys ! yes i saw you were having your c-section, tell baby stay in until then ! lol it is very gutting at first but then ya just sort of think, hang on its out of my hands i cant help it. was your baby engaged already? is that why they wouldnt try turn baby? they told me im too far gone and bum has already started to engage so havnt had a choice else i dont know if id of opted to try turn him :eh: i dunno. xx

I had choice of turning, if agreed would of been done yest. But i didnt go for it as it only had 50/50 chance of working plus baby could still turn back into breech after. It seemed alot of discomfort & potential distress for such crap odds, scared me abit. Rare chance it puts u in labour or bleeds so they do it in delivery suite so no thanks to that!! I felt better when i made the decision to just accept c sec, just felt c sec was inevitable anyway & like u said, babys are in control so theres not much we can do about it. Plus my fluid was on lower level last time so think bubs was running out of room to have done it any way.

Can u feel lo's head now? Mines pops up & down all time under right ribs, wee hard head lol. Id love to know were its bum is & if its engaging cos been getting low cramps recently. Got scan tomorrow so will see then xx

P.s they only turn up to 37 weeks any way so even if ur babys bum wasnt engaged they wouldnt of attempted it at 39wks. xx

P.s they only turn up to 37 weeks any way so even if ur babys bum wasnt engaged they wouldnt of attempted it at 39wks. xx

oh yeah i know they told me 39 weeks is the cut off for trying turn baby so like i said didnt have a choice :( but like you say they could bloody turn back so whats the point!! lol yeah you made the right decision then under those odds n circumstances xx

Yes make sure u keep me as updated as possible as I wont wanna keep pestering u haha. :) any updates on anything will be welcome :-D

Aww id love my lil man to come tomoro as that was the date I guessed in our famiy sweepstake. But not wed or Thurs. Especially not thur as I dnt wanna be out on gas and air for my bday haha.

And im sure once u have ur baby u wont wanna do my labour thread anyway lol. U will be too busy xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back