OMG i'm crapping myself....lol

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Reality has well and truly hit this morning....

I'm 37 weeks this saturday and am already starting to feel a bit 'different'.....lots of number 2 toilet trips, very sleepy, increased appetitie, very crampy, restless at nights...very wriggly baby...list goes on...

i fully appreciate it could now happen at any time...it could go on for weeks of course....but omg it could happen this week (both my neice and nephew were born at 36 weeks and so was i and my brother!!! eeeek)....

i am shitting myself....lol....about the labour obviously but about all of it...i just want the labour over and done with....i cant look forward to actually having boo boo here cos i am so scared about the birth bit....help! ha ha (laughing or i will cry....again)

xx

I'm the opposite. I'm 37Weeks today, so officially full term. Only change I've had is wriggly baby. And a bit of a sugar craving.

I reackon I'm ok for the labour part - it's the what the heck do I do afterwards!! Lol. I'd quite like another month or two to be prepared. Lol

Xxx

In all honesty the birth will be fine, even the horrific births are dealt with as they happen.
Your body knows what it's doing even if you don't :) and there is medical help for anything bad, you have to remember that for every bad birth you hear about there are thousands that go smoothly.
Just trust yourself, everything will be fine x

everyone keeps saying to just trust my body and go with the flow...cos my body knows what to do...so come on body, dont let me down :) xx

I'm the opposite. I'm 37Weeks today, so officially full term. Only change I've had is wriggly baby. And a bit of a sugar craving.

I reackon I'm ok for the labour part - it's the what the heck do I do afterwards!! Lol. I'd quite like another month or two to be prepared. Lol

Xxx

i know...lol..i said to sam last night that i would quite happily stay pregnant cos boo boo happy and safe in there....lol....he is desperate to meet LO now.....and so didnt agree with that one :) xx

Awwww hon, I think you'll do amazing and you'll have everyone there if you feel you need help throughout. I think some of this is a big rush of hormones as well getting us ready for the arrival of our LOs

even the midwifes have told me that they think i will do great cos nothing phases me....we shall soon see eh...

got lots of mild period type pains right at the bottom of my bump..had it last night and again now....do you think that is baby finally trying to engage? xx

Totally understand about the birth thing. I'm terrified because I don't cope with pain well. Take the epi :) xx

Have you got the natal hypnotherapy CD? I think that might help you if you think you are going to panic.

I have found it very calming to listen to and I hope I remember the principles when in labour because I think it will help loads.

Being scared and tensing up apparently reduces the effectiveness of the contractions (it's the obvious thing to happen though when you are in pain I guess..)

I am crapping it about afterwards.

have the cd yeah and to be honest i think its already helping....cos if i get a pain, i find myself breathing through it slow rather than holding my breath as i would have previously done..just hope i remember it all when the time comes...:)

even the midwifes have told me that they think i will do great cos nothing phases me....we shall soon see eh...

got lots of mild period type pains right at the bottom of my bump..had it last night and again now....do you think that is baby finally trying to engage? xx

Definitely sounds like it!

That's good then. I'm sure you'll be fine :D

Xxx

i know...lol..i said to sam last night that i would quite happily stay pregnant cos boo boo happy and safe in there....lol....he is desperate to meet LO now.....and so didnt agree with that one :) xx

mine's kinda the same. although i think he's worrying about labour more than me. he was desperate for me to go into labour a couple of weeks ago cos we were away visiting my parents. I'm busy telling him it was far too early and we werent ready yet - his response - "but you'll have your mum there!" lol.
xxx

oh sam cant wait to be my support...lol..he is very good with stuff like that.....labour will be a good test for him though :D xx

Wow....that's great!!! I think you will do great and that labour will be piece of cake for you!!! You seem so strong!!!! In case it happens before I get to wish you lots of luck, I'm doing it now: lots of luck hun! :)

xx

I think it's natural to be a bit apprehensive, and being a first timer I have nothing to compare it to!! I've heard about people going into themselves and the animal instinct taking over. My sister said towards the end she felt like she just saw it as this incredibly important job and you just get on with it, you literally don't care who sees what.
I wonder if the natal hypnotherapy cd's are right when they say, for some it can be an 'intensely pleasurably experience!!!!. I'm gonna try my best to think of it as good pain.
I think we will all feel incredibly proud of ourselves afterwards no matter how we gave birth.

Like you I'm 37 weeks very soon and that 'number' does make you think 'right this could happen literally any time now'. My OH was watching the american football til fairly late last night and I had a crampy feeling start up and there was a part of me thinking, ooh if it started tonight he's had no sleep! I think i'll be saying every night from now on, it could be tonight!!!!!!! I'm also wondering if I should take out change of clothes every time I go out incase my waters go somewhere?

Like you said we'll probably be waiting for weeks longer!

xxxxx

Good luck hun! Honestly birth wasn't even painful for me. The only bit I found uncomfortable was the pressure, but other than that it was fine! I know labour is different for everyone but if you're eager to meet LO and can't wait to hold him/her then you'll just be determined to get it over and done with that you'll forget about most of the pain, and as soon as LO is here you'll forget about it all anyway! And remember to BREATHE!

I was terrified of giving birth, now I want to do it again! Shocking! Enjoy every minute of it hun, it's the last step to meeting your baby, make the most of it, it will be the best thing you've ever done. I'm slowly starting to forget my experience (I have my labour story on here though), which is a shame because I feel so proud of myself for doing it, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Not long now :) I wish you all the best xxx

I think personally if i could give anyone any advice for labour it would be try your hardest to stay calm (sounds easy i know)

I panicked and stressed to high heaven with my first, and it ended up being a long drawn out process (29 hrs) that ended up in theatre with a distressed baby and an episiotomy/ventouse delivery ( i know full well baby could have been distressed anyway but dont think my state of panic helped!)

My 2nd labour was a lot calmer i tried to stay calm, wasnt as long (altho still 12hrs 51mins)

Like the other ladies have said you just gotta keep telling yourself this is it you'll soon be holding your beautiful baby, the end is in sight etc

(sorry if ive just rambled on and not made much sense) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back