omg... I can't believe it and anyone else know about this?

purplesusi

Reaction score
Hio ladies.,

Hope everyone is doing okay.

This pregnancy has gone extremely fast. Usually it's others saying it's going fast and the pregnant lady is thinking huh.. no way but I even think so. Here I am today at 37 weeks today with a fully cooked baby and simply cannot believe how fast it has flown since finding out in September last year I was pregnant..

What I am finding quite hard to get my head round is that this time next week I will be in hospital being induced. Going in on the 30th to the labour ward and been told I won't be coming out without baby..

My main reason for this post is to ask for anyone elses experiences/opinions on propess? I believe this is a tampon sort of pessary which goes inside and hopefully things start working. This is what they said is the procedure. Go for 9am. Put on the monitor and examined and then in most cases at 38 weeks the propess is used.

I wonder if I will respond quick, slow etc? I know it is impossible to know but I have to be honest I am not looking forward to having to stay in hospital too long..

So what is everyone elses opinions or experiences on propess please?

Best regards and thanks in advance
Susi x

Hi hun, i'm also coming up to 37 weeks, congrats on being fully cooked! - I know nothing about induction, but will be stalking this post as im also curious. Good luck!! xx

The way your induced depends on the outcome of your examination hun. I was slightly dilated do they just broke waters and put me on drip x

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Girls I've been induced all three pregnancies. First daughter - pessary started working with mild cramps which quickly built to contractions 26 hour labour. Epidural last 2 hours and helped with forceps.

2nd daughter 3 pessaries as previous ones did nothing. Only did enough to break my waters - 6 hour labour from waters being broken gas and air natural delivery

3rd daughter 3 pessaries water broken again. Managed 14 hours of just gas and air, but baby was back to back and complications led to section

X

I had the propess inserted at 8 pm on the tuesday....by wednesday lunch time was getting mild contractions which continued to get stronger. 24 hours after inserted (8pm wed) I was examined and the propess removed. I was 2cm dilated and cervix was favourable. Was told labour ward was busy so Id have to stay in the induction ward until labour ward could take me. Was woken at 4am on thursday and taken to laboutlr ward. Waters were broken at 5am and I was put on drip....contractions came quickly thickand fast and painful! At 11am I was examined and was 4cm but babas trace was a bit erratic so they decided to take me for a section (were being extra cautious as im diabetic) and my wee bundle was born at 1.11pm :)

On the whole my induction process was good! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm also 37 wks an getting induced on June 1st il also be stalking this thread because I'm so nervous about it an see how others went on

Hi ladies,
Thanks so far with sharing your experiences. I hope I am somewhat dilated when i'm examined hut in all,honesty I don't want to be on,the drip. I was on that with my second child and hated it because I was.so restricted. So really I hope the propess world fast. Don't we all. I am getting nervous now.. x x

Propess is usually given if your cervix is not favourable i.e far back, closed and thick. It is not anywhere as big as a tampon it is about 2cm long, 0.5 cm wide and as thick as a piece of card (with a string that hangs out so it can be removed. It is supposed to release prostaglandins over 24 hours. Normally given for first time mums as cervix not laboured before. The other pessary is a tablet called prostin and is a bit bigger than a paracetamol caplet. It dissolves behind the cervix and is repeated in 6 hours if baby happy and not contracting. The benefit of propess is if you contract too much it can be removed, prostin cannot. If dilated by 2cm mw able to break waters and start the drip called syntocinon to get you to contract. Hope that is helpful.

Thanks for your reply glowing. The drip is what I don't really want. I was on this with my daughter and I was so restricted. Could leave the room. It was slow doing from first intensity to the 5th. This was 14 years ago though. Has it changed?? x x x

You can ask for them to wait to start the drip after waters are broken to see if you contract naturally, rule of thumb is wait 2 hours. No need to be monitored etc. Unfortunately once on the drip need to be on a monitor to see how contractions/baby are doing. Also with the drip an epidural is often advised due to the increased pain it can cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back