Omg have I just felt proper kicks?!?!

Jayjay027

Reaction score
So for the last few weeks, I've been feeling little 'pops' - like popcorn popping. Its so amazing.
But haven't felt anything for the last few days.

But just there I was sitting on the sofa and sneezed, 2 very loud, very close together, sudden sneezes - and as soon as I did it, I felt about 5 or 6 kicks just to the side of my belly button. They were stronger than the pops I've been feeling, and a little higher!

I'm wondering if I startled the baby by sneezing or something? Lol. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Sounds like it hun :lol: mine always has a little kick when i sneeze too :) xx

Lol so cute!! It made my day! Lol x

:) mines been kicking that hard today that i actually saw my belly move, but when i got the video on on my phone she stopped the little monkey hehe!! x

Omg that's amazing! I can't wait to see my belly wriggle lol xx

Jayjay that's so cute!
I was telling dh last night that our wee one is almost definitely going to be a dancer, I could feel them all over the place last night when I was trying to sleep. I picture them in there doing some breakdancing and spinning on their head, I don't know how on earth they're moving about so much!!
I too have noticed it being much higher now, I think there's a trampoline in there! xx

Oh wow that's amazing Jayjay do you girls think I should be worried that iv not really felt proper kicks yet? I thought I would have by now!!!

Aww wow Jayjay that is amazing. Just shows you that no one is by the book. 18-20 weeks my arse!!! xx

Last edited:
Aww wow Jayjay that is amazing. Just shows you that no one is by the book. 18-20 weeks my arse!!! xx

I was saying that in my journal, I think the advice given in the books is total bull!! I've been feeling movement for over a month now, and I'm only 16 weeks! I also have major bumpage, and got the heartbeat on my doppler from 10 weeks, and bubs reacted to my voice from 14 weeks. All of that, according to the books and internet, is impossible for his/her stage of development. Nonsense if you ask me!!

As you say, everyone is totally different xx

Oh wow that's amazing Jayjay do you girls think I should be worried that iv not really felt proper kicks yet? I thought I would have by now!!!

Nope absolutely should not be worried, ask some of the tri 3 girls and I'm sure they've said they didn't feel anything til 23 weeks. Perfectly normal. Do you have a doppler Spammy? You should be able to hear movement by now even if you can't feel it. Find something that really makes baby wiggle and listen to it, it makes my day!! xx

PS - by next week roughly, your bubs should be able to hear outside noises, so get family to start talking and then you might get a kick or two!! xx

Couldn't agree more. I just go by what other women say because I trust they know their bodies and often they are all saying the same thing and contradicting medics.

I do like reading the books but mainly to look at the pictures hahaha I love seeing the development. I've been feeling a vibration feeling in my lower stomach, don't think its baby moving but thinks its to do with pregnancy. xx

Couldn't agree more. I just go by what other women say because I trust they know their bodies and often they are all saying the same thing and contradicting medics.

I do like reading the books but mainly to look at the pictures hahaha I love seeing the development. I've been feeling a vibration feeling in my lower stomach, don't think its baby moving but thinks its to do with pregnancy. xx

I've been feeling a vibration feeling in my lower stomach, don't think its baby moving but thinks its to do with pregnancy. xx

Maybe your baby has a pneumatic drill in there? Or a washing machine perhaps? :p xx

Lol!

I read the pregnancy books too but I prefer to read the experiences of the girls on here. I think books just give a roundabout estimate of things, whereas the girls on here are going through it as we speak!

I'm looking forward to seeing my belly move lol. X

I never got a doppler. Wish I did though. I shall just be patient.

Sorry for thread crashing Jayjay! Just had a panicky moment then. Ha ha

Sorry for thread crashing Jayjay! Just had a panicky moment then. Ha ha

Don't be daft lol.

I was in 2 minds about getting a doppler but I'm so glad I did! Its amazing xx

You're so lucky to feel baby so early, it's amazing! Midwife said it might be upto 24 weeks to hear first baby too! I can't wait :) have been feeling odd things down there but unsure if I did really feel it or not lol. My friend gave me a tip to drink something reeeally cold, wait 10 mins & lie down & it should start moving. But this hasn't happened for me yet :( x

awwww congrats on your first proper kicks! :D

Sofia goes nuts when i cough :D xx

Aww thats amazing, jayjay! so early!
It does depend where your placenta is as to when you feel kicks. They'll tell you at your 20 week scan what position it is in. My placenta is posterior, so I feel lots of kicks throughout the day and my belly moves with the kicks too. Ladies with an anterior placenta (at the front) often report not feeling movement until 22-24 weeks. I think they say 20-24 weeks in the books as a guideline so that women don't panic when they haven't felt anything yet! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back