Omfg!!

twinkle90

Reaction score
Sorry im ranting...but i cannot deal with my OH mum anymore!!!

She has never come round to the house since we moved in 2 months ago. My OH texts her to see if she wantsto come round. She says yes. We get a knock at the door, and the very first thing she does is complain because of the weeds in the front garden. As im typing this she hasnt even entered the house, so im just waiting for her to complain about something in the house. I will be mega pissed off if she does. Grrrr :twisted: xxx

Oh god she sounds like my MIL who we no longer speak to. Being very blunt it is none of her business xxxx

It drives me crazy! She came into the house and went to see the nursery. I darent go up their with her cuz if she said anything id of gone crazy on her.so i left her to it. My OH is lucky i havent opened my mouth yet. Xxx

She sounds like a dragon like my in laws. I hope she settles down for you xxxxx

Last edited:
To be honest my mum can be the same. One thing I will remember for my little girl is not to be overly negative on her.

My mum will drop in every other day. Stay for a chat and coffee. But his mum wasnt even here 10 mins. Yet she expects us to drive to hers all the time. Im having none of it when Evie is here tbh. Xxx

My MIL is making it her number one priority to decorate my new house regardless of what me and my OH want including the nursery... Hoorah for in laws!

I feel your pain why do they have to be so horrible? It's like they constantly want to be the centre of attention and are willing to put anyone down who gets in the way. Try not to let it get you down (easier said than done I know!) just ignore her. I'm trying my best to do the same with my MIL otherwise it ends up causing arguments between me and the OH.

My MIL is a pain in my arse but because of her lack of enthusiasm, she NEVER talks about our baby coming or me being pregnant.
My SIL (who isn't her daughter either, hubby only has brothers) had twins last Sept and she was always out buying stuff for the twins, even buying maternity clothes for SIL and taking her out, I've had none of that. If I mention baby, she changes the subject to herself. My parents have asked what we want/need for baby and my mum is always buying little bits, but MIL hasn't even offered, we know she's bought a high chair, which I'm grateful for, but it's not the kind we want. :/
I sound ungrateful but I'm not, I wish she had saved her money because we won't use it!
I just don't even bother talking to her about baby anymore.

My MIL has bought the baby things. Which im grateful for. And shes even buying some bunting to go round the cot. But all she did yesterday was critisise anything in the house. Which i thought was very rude. I dont do that at hers.and she doesnt even have the scsn picture on display. Its just shoved behind an ornement. Xxx

My MIL has bought the baby things. Which im grateful for. And shes even buying some bunting to go round the cot. But all she did yesterday was critisise anything in the house. Which i thought was very rude. I dont do that at hers.and she doesnt even have the scsn picture on display. Its just shoved behind an ornement. Xxx

We gave my MIL a scan photo and she gave it back, so OH told her it was hers to keep and she just replied "Erm, ok thanks". And put it face down on the table.

Oh god I sympathise with you all - my mum is very like 'its your baby and I won't interfere' but sometimes it would be nice to know that she'll be there if I need her (i'm sure that she would be but sometime she makes me feel like our baby is not important - example - I had a scan to check my cervix on Monday and she hasn't phoned to check how it went...maybe i'm just being oversensitive)....the joys of parents and in laws eh?! x

Wow , I thought i had it bad .

My experience with My OH mum is minor compared to some of yours.

My OH Mums likes to crowd your space, which I totally hate , she’s never been to my house but expects me to always travel to hers which is like and 1hr and half from me. I just entered the 2nd Tri and my 1st Tri was difficult especially with juggling a part time secretary role and classes. She complains I dont want to get to know the family cause I hardly come over .

The last time I saw her she had to cheek to tell me I’m fat in front of her friend and asked if im expecting twins. Its bad enough her son comments on my weight all the time let alone her too!!!

She just gets on my nerves!! Already trying to tell me how to raise my child and the lil one is not even here yet!!!!

My mum has been incredible. She doesnt interfere and she lets us grt on with it. But she also lets me know shes always there. I love that! And i love that she comes round for a coffee and chat. My MIL just phones when she wants something and never asks how we are. Only when she needs something off her precious son. I kinda put it down to that she already has a grandaughter so another granddaughter isnt anything new. Which is unfair really xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back