Oliver's birth story

missyeovil

Reaction score
Here's my birth story...

On my due date (Monday) the midwives came out for a routine appoint. I asked them for a sweep as my sister was due to fly to Ghana on Saturday and was beginning to get worried she wouldn't get to meet baby! They did a sweep and I had a few cramps and a bit of show but not much else. On the Wednesday they rang and asked if I wanted another one so they came and discovered I had progressed a bit and were pretty convinced I would go into labour after that sweep.

Sure enough I started getting irregular pains. Sometimes they were coming every 6 mins but then they would switch to big gaps between them but just the action of standing up or going for a pee would trigger another. This carried on all day. There was one point u was sat between my daughter on the loo and my son on the potty, both with diarrhoea and I was mid contraction...not ideal haha!

About 8pm my husband went out to build his shed and I set about cleaning the kitchen. At this point I was contracting every 2-3 mins but only lasting about 30 seconds. I called hubby home again but then they slowed down again.

About 10ish they were still roughly 6 mins apart but getting pretty intense and I needed to breathe through them. I was also totally knackered by this point so I decided to go to bed and try and sleep a bit. I managed to sleep between contractions for a wee while but at 1am I decided to get up again and by 1.30 I called the midwives as they were very intense.

Midwives arrived about 2am and examined me, I was 6cm. I carried on having really irregular contractions but they were super strong. I tried some gas and air but it made me sick so I gave up. I'm not sure on times then but I started to feel the urge to push. Even at this stage my contractions were quite a way apart and irregular! My waters went and 4 or 5 contractions later out came my baby boy, 4.56am.

He was 9lb 2Oz! Way bigger than my other 2! I just had a wee graze as well so pretty pleased with that. He latched on straight away and is such a wee milk guzzler.

My 3 and 4 year old woke up about 6am by which point I was bathed and everything was tidied up so it was pretty perfect and they were thrilled to meet their baby brother :)

Attachments

• photostudio_1494938481870.jpg
    photostudio_1494938481870.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 49
Congratulations :) what a beautiful bouncing boy! Xx

Congratulations he is adorable! Was your sister able to meet him before she left?

Yes, thank goodness. Don't think I would have ever been forgiven if she hadn't haha! X

Congratulations and well done xx sound like a perfect delivery Hun xxx

Congratulations, he is perfect and your labour story sounds perfect too. Go mama! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back