OLDER BROTHER FEELING LEFT OUT !

X-LISA-X

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone else been threw this. Reece is 6yrs old and wen I was preg he was so looking forward to having a lil brother, I was so worried bout how he would be affected by having to share me! All my family assured me it would be fine and they would all make sure that wen baby arrived they would all by him prezzies too so he didnt feel left out. At first I thought he was addapting quite well, but past few weeks his behavior has gone right down hill, he used to be such a happy lil boy not anymore! He has started to talk and act like a 2yr old, it seems that all I seem to do is tell him off ! He was really upset last week and wouldnt tell me why so I told him to write it down wich he did and he wrote "I THINK YOU LOVE JAKE MORE THAN ME" :cry: I felt so bad here I was thinking he's addapting quite well, I was too preoccupied with babes to see how it was affecting him! I just feel so bad how could I not see this coming :!: :?: :!:

awww bless him, could you not set aside a specific time to spend with just him?
Or get him involved as much as possible with the baby etc?! eg: going to get a nappy or helping dress him etc?!

sorry not much help!

Steph x

Hi Steph thanx for your reply, have been involving him as much as I can with baby he changes nappies and allsorts, we now hav set days that is our time together so hopefully things will improve soon, I love him so much and hate to see him so sad :cry:

awww i suppose it must be hard for them at first as it has only been just him for so long!!
Sounds like you are doing a brill job thou!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back